Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa isn't registering my hike information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, my frustrations continue. I finally got it to connect to GPS via phone. Yay. Set off on my 8km hike and happily watched the kilometers add up, checked my pace, got to the end. No issue. Hit the flag to say I was finished, went inside and my phone said it was syncing. Now, a couple of hours later, I notice that there is zippo record of my hike.

I have seen there is a ‘done’ button out of sight on the stats screen but haven’t hit this in the past, and have still got everything recorded. Surely oh surely they do not expect you to hit Finish and then Done to ensure you get your sync correctly? Given I’ve never really bothered with the Done click, am not sure if this is a glitch or a new thing.

Should I just ditch this tracker? I seriously worry that after so many years, Fitbit just can’t get it right. Truly, this should not be so hard. I have already taken back one due to connectivity issues. Now, this one is connecting but not recording. (Shouldn’t it be syncing with my phone, given I have to drag the phone out with me and it is relying on it for the GPS?)

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It's great to see you here @Creatavision.

Could you please tell me how are you logging your activity? Are you selecting hike directly from the watch? If so, you need to end the activity on the Versa before syncing. For more information, you can check the help article How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes, starting and finishing from the watch. I have had a Fitbit for years so am more than familiar with how to start and end activities. It is a fault with the firmware, not user.

In addition, it disconnects after connecting. Turns itself off during a run. Does odd things.

This is not user-error but one of the many many faults this firmware has. And Fitbit just seem to ignore all the many complaints!

Best Answer
0 Votes