Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa issues with syncing and WiFi on Honor 7X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a long time user. 4 years ago I was a Flex user and then have to move to Misfit, Samsung Watch, XiaoMi and just last month back to Flex, now Flex 2 and this Sunday I bought a Versa.

My smartphone is Honor 7X (Huawei).

First problem is in Wifi setting. So many times I have to keyin wifi password etc and then within minutes I have to retype the same thing during Versa Setup. After a long 2 hours, I managed to setup and sync. Then `-2 hours the sync failed.

1. I close the Fitbit app and switch Bluettoth off and try to pair Versa and Honor 7x. Failed many times and then at last succedd

2. Manage to sync again and then failed

Then I switch off my phone and then switch on again and try to sync.  Some this work and I can sync, but then in the end, I have to factory reset my versa. And this goes on during my Versa first day.

Then I check about compatibility. Honor 7X is not in the list. So should I buy a new phone? No. I tried to install Fitbit for Windows on my Dell laptop. Cannot even sync, despite trying to pair via bluetooth. Not even in the list. Then I tried using the USB charger, who knows this charger also can be used for syncing. No, failed.

Then I pick up my Android tablet, Asus Zenpad. Well the sync with this tablet is smooth. But anyway, it is NOT in the list of compatible devices.

Conclusion:

1. before buying a Versa, check the phone and tablet compatibility list but the list is actually not reliable. Those devices not in the list might work as well as those in the list

2. Most serious: syncing is inconsistent, sometimes it works well on my unlisted Honor 7X, but then after 1-2 hours suddenly it stop working. Actually for several hours during Sunday noon, the sync is automatic every few minutes, but then fearing the battery will not last long, I stop this and the get into problem of syncing.

Message: If you failed with your phone, ujse a windows PC olr laptop. Still failed, try using Tablet or whatever device you have and then the other device will all will reflect the up to date stats

Good Luck

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Compatibility issues between Fitbit and Huawei phones is a well know issue. Found this for you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.czandor.fitbitsyncfix&hl=nl. Maybe that helps, do not know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW, if you want to search for devices that are supported by Fitbit, you can better use this site: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=compatible&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Update: link is working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. Your link produce an error message. Anyway I have seen the list and it was not updated with newer smartphones. The list is mainly old ones.

Anyway, back to my problems. This morning my tablet refuised to sync after performing so well yesterday. Last night before sleeping I switched of the Bluetooth and this morning when I switch it back on, syn ERROR and now I just switched this tablet off.

And surprise surprise, my Honor 7X now works.

See how incosistent the sync and Bluetooth pairing is? No wonder some people give up. Why not design a wired sync alternative for the rest of us.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

First thing if your trying to sync a tracker, please do not do a factory reset, that then requires setting up the tracker as if it is new.

Second do not remove the tracker from your Fitbit account, this requires setting up the tracker again. Leaving the tracker attached to the acconat allows the app to know which Fitbit to look for.

If the tracker and the app are having problems talking, they will continue to have problems when trying to setup.

Unpairing the tracker from the phones Bluetooth is a very good idea, but the ueser should not try to reconnect, do not try to repair ths is a job for the app durring the next sync process.

Check for any Fitbit app updates, as well as phone updates.

Restart the phone to clear the Android memory problems, androind has memory management problems.

Restart the versa by holding in both the left and lower right buttons.

If your phone the phone or tracker has a hardware lockup, a complete shutdown may be needed.

Go into the phone settings, apps, Fitbit, storage, clear cache this is for Android 8.

Try a sync.

Not working

Kill the Fitbit app

Log out/in or clear the Fitbit app data.

Best Answer

Rich, great summary of what to do! Thanks.

In fact you are correct. I found out that Bluetooth Pairing is not relevant. The Fitbit app can sync eventhough the phone bluettooth and the Versa is not paired and sometimes no even in the list of "found" devices. Interesting. Thank you for confirming this, I thought it is starnge and got puzzled until you pointed it out.

I found out it is frustating to sync since kit is a hit and run, nothing is certain. Everyday it produce surprises. Luckily I have 3 devices to try in case of failure - imagine others who depend solely on phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the devices can add to your problems, when trying to sync through one device, we need to make sure the other two devices are not nearby, possibly further than 100 feet, or their bluetooth is off, or the device itself is off.

This is a limitation of Bluetooth which will not allow a device like the Versa to communicate with two devices at once. 

Best Answer
Rich,
Great tip. I switched my tablet off now. My PC's Bluetooth is off too. From 3 devices, only Honor 7x is on.

Now Honor 7x cannot sync. Fails all the time despite doing switching on off of Bluetooth. Terrible. Going to restart my phone

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try clearing the Fitbit app cache?

Best Answer

Rich,

great - I just reboot my phone. Clear the Fitbit app cache manually ( i thoght they cleared when switched off and rebooted, the answer is NO).

Happy to see that I can resync again.

So niow I can see a pattern on what to do.

3 devices. Turn the other 2 off, when we use one.

If still failed, switched of the device

Switch on again and CLEAR CACHE. Then resync.

I will test this process in the next 3 days. If this solve the problem, I will post this as solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry: not a solution. For 5 hours my phone and Versa will not sync. Whatever I did: floowing the cache clearing, booting etc. Now it simply does not work.

So just reached home. Switched on my tablet, switch Bluettooth on and it sync in seconds.

So the only thing that is consistent is the inconsitentg behavior of sync btw Versa and phone and tablet.

This is maddening because there is no solution, only trial and error.

So the only advice I can give is have more than 1 device that are able to sync with Versa. Sometimes it will work sometimes not. Try to flip flop btw devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, very fine that your Versa syncs with your tablet!! I personally use always my Tablet to sync with my Versa, not because my phone doesn't, but when I bought my Ionic, my phone was not supported by Fitbit, but my Tablet did the trick, so from that time on I stayed with Fitbit on my tablet and never, and I mean really never, have a problem at all with it. So my advice would be to stay using your tablet so sync your Versa instead of your device. Apart from the fact that your Versa now syncs, the screen of a Tablet is much more convenient than the screen of a device! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi -

The tablet is NOT a solution. This morning I cannot sync with that tablet and switch it off in frustation and the starnge thing is I can sync 1x with my phone.

I just browse through this Community forum and find out:

1. Many are having same problem

2. It does not matter whether your phone is in the "Compatible" List or not, sync will not work despite belonging to the list

3. Many Versa users reported that after months of syncing, suddenly the devices refjse to sync and suddenly just failed to sync after that

This is very bad situation. I regret buyinmg a Versa before reading the posts here. Too late

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very, very strange that now suddenly your Tablet does not sync, really do not understand why. Mine works always. Which Tablet do you have? Is it in this supported list of devices: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=compatible&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1. I yes, than I can only advice you to contact customer service/support: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ATroubleshooting. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

kuzibri

I frankly do not think the compatible devices list is important. It is not. Many people here posted sync problem despite their devices listed as compatible.

]My tablet that refuse to sync is ASUS tablet. That was this morning.  But after switching it off for 5 hours, I can now sync with that tablet again. It was working fine yesterday evening too. What made me upset is that there is no consistency. Sometime it works sometimes not, despite all the cache clearing, rebooting and resetting bluetooth. This is wasting time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for your reply. Maybe just one more advice: keep the Fitbit app on your Tablet 24/7 active. Do not shut it down, this works for me perfectly.  

Best Answer

Hello @mingke, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @Rich_Laue and @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@mingke, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in hopes to resolve this situation. 

Please note that many Android phones, like the Honor 7X have all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but are currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. For the time being, we don't have an specific date or time-frame of when is going they will be listed as compatible. 

While these devices has all the specifications to be compatible and are currently working with the Fitbit app, it's possible to come across some issues along the way. Please keep an eye on the list of supported devices as this article is the one getting constant updates unlike the previous list.

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Hi @MarcoFitbit
Thanks for welcoming me. Yes, in the last 10 days since buying Versa, I realized that I spent more time in debugging syncing process rather than exercising. Well, at least now that I have a method to avoid syncing problem by using 3 device to sync, I am at peace knowing that at least I will succeed in one of the devices. I am now using phonetablet and Dell 7350 windows laptop. My ASU S tablet and Dell laptop are mainly used at home when my Honor 7x and Versa is not syncing.

The fact is I am concerned that others with no tech background have only a phone will be frustrated and give up. In fact 2 of my best friends are interested in getting fitness device but I do not see them using Versa. Versa syncing problem will restrict the using Versa as standalone device and no way to backup progress when the battery is dead or when the drive is no more working. Also they cannot enjoy Fitbit app on a bigger screen to analyze their data. So Fitbit have to change its syncing not through Bluetooth but through days and wifi.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer

I agree with @mingke, i am also facing the same problem. Not mentioning a time frame is not a good way to say. 

Generally a user should not be worrying about the compatibility while buying a smart watch which was launched with numerous options.. I hope Fitbit should be moving in this way to support @MarcoGFitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mingke, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's great to have you on board @Baji_versa, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to provide your feedback about this situation. Please keep in mind that it would be irresponsible on my part to provide a specific timeframe for when certain devices will be added to the list of compatible devices. My suggestion would be to check the list as it gets constantly updated. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes