Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa just turns on using all three buttons

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If anyone has an original Versa and they now have to turn their device on using all three buttons instead of just the left button, customer support told me it is a manufacturer defect and you will have to buy a new device if you are out of warranty. Do not try to do a factory reset, since it'll just reset using the most up to date firmware which is what crashed our device. Customer support gave me a small discount to buy a new one, but considering these devices are pricey to begin with, I will still have to pay a pretty penny to buy a new one. Just wanted everyone to know, since I see a lot of original Versa users that are having the same issue I am having and not getting a clear solution on how to fix it.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @mlharris. It's good to see you here and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for sharing that your Versa isn't able to turn on just with the left button. Fitbit is aware about this behavior experienced with the watches after updating the firmware. They're currently investigating this situation to bring a solution to all our members. I understand how you're feeling as your watch isn't working as it used to and be sure that every comment posted in the forums never go unnoticed as that helps us to evaluate our procedures and improve our products.

If you have another question, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit That is great this company is investigating this issue and that no comment goes unnoticed. Unfortunately, there are many forums on here with people having this same issue with the software update that have gone unnoticed for weeks. And when the moderators do make a comment, the best advice they are giving us is to do a factory reset or buy a new Fitbit device all together. Fitbit needs to issue a new software update that fixes the problem they created or give everyone a new Fitbit regardless if their device is out of warranty or not. This is the Fitbit company's fault, not the consumers' fault!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hi @mlharris. It's good to see you here again and I'm sorry for the delay.

I appreciate you for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation. I understand your point of view about your watch's behavior and the resolution given by our team As mentioned before, Fitbit is aware that our smartwatches are able to turn on when using all three buttons and they're currently investigating to bring a solution as soon as possible. Once I have more details related to this matter, I'll update this thread.

Thanks for your patience and I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes