Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa keeps restarting by itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa restarts every five seconds. My watch will turn on and the logo will display.  Once it’s up the screen freezes and i can’t do anything.   Within a few seconds it restarts.  It has restarted over 50 times within an hour.  

I’ve been having problems for the last few weeks.  Everyday it’s something different 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Go to Apple.  I got and Apple Watch in October and i love it.  Best decision ever.  

Best Answer

Saving up for an Apple Watch haha I am giving up on this Fitbit 😞

Best Answer

I’m doing the same thing. I’ve had several Fitbit products in the past but this is the worse. Purchasing an Apple Watch (had one previously and never had any problems but had an older model) I will never purchase another Fitbit product again. I’m done!

Best Answer

I received a follow up from a team manager who reiterated the best they can do is give me a 25% discount to ‘maintain my fitness goals’ as if Fitbit owns my fitness goals LOL. 

anyway, i asked them to roll back the firmware that clearly caused the constant reboot issue and so far no response.

see y’a Fitbit 

Best Answer

Mine was just little bit over a year old 😞 it’s frustrating because it’s doing it to new and old watches. And a year old watch is not that old! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. I apologize for the late response to this thread. 

I'm glad to hear some of you are already back on track after following the recommendations provided here or after contacting our Support Team. I must say that I really appreciate all of you are helping each other. For the ones who are still working with our team I'd suggest to keep your conversation with them as they know what's the next step to try after everything you have done.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps.

If your Versa is still acting odd, I'd like to ask you two questions so I can address this properly. Could you confirm that you've restarted your watches as described here: How do I restart my Fitbit device? and I'd like to know if this still happening during the day or you've noticed that it only happens in the middle of an exercise?

If you need further assistance, please answer the two questions and also provide me with the exact model of your Versa.

I'm looking forward to your reply. Keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

i have done a factory reset my versa but I can’t get it back online.

been told twice by fitbit support that issues relating to firmware are considered manufacturer defects and that these are only covered during the warranty window for my watch. Therefore, the firmware that fitbit pushes onto my watch is the cause of the issue but that’s all on me as I’m out of warranty:(

see ya Fitbit 

Buyer Beware! 

Best Answer

I restarted mine. It’s a Fitbit versa. 
I can’t believe at this point we are asked if we have tried to restart our watches. 

Best Answer

Hello @Tom.lipscomb. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this situation. If you were already given a resolution by our Support Team, I'd recommend to keep in touch with them to see if there's any other option available for you at this time that your warranty has expired.

Hi @lucywho26, thanks for getting back and for the details provided. We created a case for you and someone will respond as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations, we may need more than 7 business days to respond.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see this has been ongoing for over a year.  We only get a year warranty.  If it can't be fixed, we need to get a different Fitbit Model or our money back. I just chatted with someone this morning about my FitBit Versa 2 stopping while exercising and it restarted by itself this morning while exercising.  All you get is that we are aware of the issue and working promptly to get it fixed.  It's been a year!!!!!

Best Answer

Hello @TLMJT, welcome on board. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Pease know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

As you were notified during your chat, we’re aware of the issue about watches randomly reboot themselves. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to hop on here and let people know that I got a replacement for my watch after 3 months following this thread and it was not under warranty. (Little bit over a year) I replied to @MarreFitbit 's message and got an email regarding the replacement. I sent my watch and charger back and received the replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @lucywho26, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that you received a replacement. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we may do for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has had this issue as well and I feel it is the firmware. The screen wouldn't go on unless it was on the charger and somehow I had gotten it to work after restarting multiple times and trying to do factory reset. However, it has been restarting constantly today and it was at 40% and now the screen won't come on. I'm seeing that this is a common issue among users. It is out of warranty because this is a replacement that only last 6 months (from Fitbit). I'm disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @redjelliefish, welcome to the Community Forums. First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear about your issue with the Versa. Our warranty provides replacements for devices deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase and please trust that Fitbit's mission is to empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be. This is also the reason we tried to check for the possible options that we can provide you based from your warranty.

Said that, I've seen that you contacted our Support Team and they are helping you since. Stay tuned to your inbox! 

We hope to get you back on track soon.

Best Answer

For months I have been having the same issue as other posters where my Versa restarts constantly throughout the day making it functionally useless. I have tried updating the device and conducting a factory reset, as suggested earlier in the forum, but that has not fixed the issue. The Versa is still under warranty but I have been unable to get in contact with a customer service representative, this is becoming incredibly frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have saved my versa by the following steps.

1. Remove the fitbit app in your phone.

2. Factory reset the fitbit versa.

3. Install fitbit 2.95 which can be searched in google.

4. Add your watch in the fitbit app.

5. You should charge your watch and insert the usb charger in a computer.

6. It may take quite long time to update your watch.

7. After the update using the fitbit 2.95, you will get a normal smartwatch.

Best Answer

Hi there @EdSan, welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided in your post about your Versa's behavior and for making sure you followed the troubleshooting steps provided above. 

I appreciate you've taken the time to follow the tips and recommendations I provided. Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Hi there @Klleung. I appreciate your help in sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm sure your post will be helpful to others. 

I'll be around if there's any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having an issue with my fitbit constantly restarting. I have changed my watch face and done a restart myself. When it is on I have no function control it only shows the main clock face then restarts again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Wheeler9596, welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for taking the time to troubleshoot your Versa prior to posting here. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes