Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa lite not responding to touch / vibrates but screen stays black / random resets / etc.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa Lite is exhibiting these symptoms :

• does not respond to touch at all can't get to any screen other than the clock
  • randomly restarts
  • sometimes does not display time when I rotate my wrist
  • sometimes vibrates as if it was going to display a notification, but the screen stays black.

The watch still monitors steps and sleep quality and heart rate, it still synchronizes with the iOS app...

I already had problems last month, but not so severe. I had performed a factory reset and painfully restored the watch (see this post), and it did work normally for some time, but now it's getting worse.

What I've done:

• removed all watch faces except the default one
  • removed all apps
  • disabled all notifications
  • reset the watch

Is there anything else I can try before I give up? I'm not very keen to do a factory reset again because last time was so painful... and problems came back anyway.

I see there's a new firmware update being rolled out, any chance it might solve my problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As suggested on this forum, I contacted Fitbit through Facebook, and after a few checks I was offered a replacement, which I accepted. I received it today. The whole process took less than 2 weeks, which considering the circonstances is not bad at all.

The fitbit app recognized the new watch and offered to replace the existing one, which made the switch easy. Now the watch is working perfectly, but it's still in version 33.1.30 so i'm waiting for the latest update to be offered.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I was offered the update today so I accepted; the update went OK and my watch now has version 70.7.27.

Unfortunately, the watch still does not respond to touch. I don't know about the other symptoms since I just did the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As suggested on this forum, I contacted Fitbit through Facebook, and after a few checks I was offered a replacement, which I accepted. I received it today. The whole process took less than 2 weeks, which considering the circonstances is not bad at all.

The fitbit app recognized the new watch and offered to replace the existing one, which made the switch easy. Now the watch is working perfectly, but it's still in version 33.1.30 so i'm waiting for the latest update to be offered.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also contacted support & received a replacement & now this one is having the same problem. I just want it to work or give me my money back! I'm honestly over Fitbit at this point! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it's no comfort but my replacement one has been working perfectly so far. Don't hesitate to ask for a new one!

Best Answer