Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa loses time zone setting several times per week

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does my Versa frequently lose time zone (i.e the time shows 4 hours later than it should) and has to sync to my phone to get it back?  Usually, all it takes is for me to open the app (on Android) and the sync immediately happens, and the time is corrected.  I have continuous sync enabled which I would expect should, as a minimum, keep the time zone up to date.  But beyond that, I have the expectation that the time zone setting should be "sticky" and never change--even if it hasn't explicitly synched up with the phone app for a while. 

So why is this happening?  My watch face, for example, never reverts back to the default if I haven't synched for a while.  Why on earth should my timezone not stay where it was set to be?

Since the time zone is not a "setting" inside of the Fitbit Android app (that I can find, at least), then I must conclude that the time is pulled directly from the Android time zone, in which case I must deduce that the logic which pulls this time zone must have a bug.  Fitbit techs listening in, can you confirm a bug here, open a ticket, and get it fixed?  Am I literally the only person this is happening to?  

This drifting time zone thing is a real usability problem because it messes up the daily tracking totals something awful.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @rhrichey. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your time changes on your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for letting us know that you have continuous sync enabled.

I haven't heard about other users experiencing this situation. Let me help you out. In this case, I would recommend confirming that you have set the correct time zone and try restarting your watch. 

Let me know how it goes and thank you for visiting the forums! 

Best Answer