Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa losing time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa loses a minute every few days.

Does not correct with synching.

Tried rebooting.

Uninstalled and reinstalled app on phone.

Software up to date.

Using a fitbit clock face.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes
96 REPLIES 96

My versa was out of charge for a week and then when I turned it on it started losing time. I unpaired my versa from my phone and am trying to pair it again but it is not working. I don't know what to do. Since it's not syncing I can't save my data so I can factory shut down . What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa was out of power for a few weeks.When I turned it on It showed the wrong time.Then through the day it started losing time.I tried to sync it to my phone but it won't so I unpaired my device from my phone. However when I tried to pair it ,it doesn't pair.It's losing time everyday.I don't know what to do?Please help me

Best Answer
I reloaded software, and did a factory reset a couple of times.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have given up. Have tried everything. It works for a while and then does the same thing. Now I can’t even reload it as it can’t find any connection. I’m using my old charge but not happy. Fitbit need to do something as so many people are having the same problem and it only started after the last update. Definitely something to do with Bluetooth connection.

But thanks anyway

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
I’ve tried everything. You may be able to pair it again but it won’t last long. I’ve given up trying. Sorry.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Finally I found someone who had/has same issues.  Fitbit Versa Lite worked beautifully for about 6 months.  Suddenly for no reason (that I know of) started losing time. In searching for way to fix I found that it was dis-connected from Bluetooth.  Have no idea how/why that happened (in fact since my daughter set it up didn't know anything about Bluetooth).  I've tried everything to resolve issue, but nothing works.  If the dang thing hadn't cost so much I'd toss it (Fitbit).  I'm so disgusted it isn't funny.

Did you resolve your issue and is there any way this can be resolved?

Best Answer

@R.Hilton Lite? 6 months? It was only announced in March 2019. Are you sure you have Versa Lite? Nevertheless, how have you been tracking progress if your Versa hasn't been syncing? To keep the time, Versa needs to sync periodically. You also don't mention what phone model and OS you have. Which fitbit mobile app version? It is difficult to advise. Please try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in your phone's bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (if you indeed have Versa Lite - press the back button for 10 seconds instead)
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that. 

Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected (Android) and All day sync are enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was happening to mine.. I went to settings on my watch, scroll down to "About", scroll down to "Shutdown".

This turns watch off, then push and hold button on left side of watch.. watch turns back on, may take a second, then the watch snaps to the correct time... I also made sure my phone was not paired to anything else at this time.. worked like a charm for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, I did not remove my app... that's a pain to have to do.. and you shouldn't have to do that for problems.. bad on fitbit if you do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just posted under this topic what worked for me.. hope it helps you to..

Thanks, Abbyblu

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dang. didnt work for me. time still off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take it back and have it replaced.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work for me still 40 minutes behind.  This is my replacement Versa and is doin the same thing my first Versa did.  Bad product going to go to Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and went to a cheaper and still well-rated alternative (Letsfit).
Best Answer

I will check into that one.  I really loved my Versa but if I can get another replacement would doubt it would stay working more that a couple of months like the others did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue of the Versa watch losing time, it is about 16 months old.  I use an IPhone, my clock face is and has always been a Fitbit clock face, first business then layers.  I have tried everything suggested by customer service (#32920504) and that I have found here.  I get notifications on the Versa so I know it is paired with my Bluetooth.  I have done a factory reset on the Versa and restarted the iPhone.  All day sync is turned on but it only syncs after multiple tries, i get a message saying the versa is not connected.  This has been going on for more than two weeks.  I have walked more than 33,000,000 steps with Fitbit but I now have an Apple Watch sitting in a box waiting to be unwrapped and opened.  I have so many good friends that keep me moving I hate to say goodbye but just don’t want to spend more money on a product that does not last. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is my next move to get Apple Watch. I am on my third Versa Fitbit in
less than a year. Two have been replacements sent by Fitbit. It is such a
hassle to deal with trying to get it working properly. So far, my third
was has lasted two months so far.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

3 attempts with tech support and customer service -  Tried everything as directed and Versa still keeps loosing time and will NOT sync  with my Galaxy S1O. Fitbit app on Galaxy S10 cannot find the Versa. Fitbit sending the SECOND replacement in less than a year, but it will take 2+ weeks to get replacement. Fed up with Fitbit,

Best Answer
I am on my third replacement watch and so far it is running fine. I did
not load any apps to it like the golf app. I’m not sure what Fitbit’s
problem is but they obviously have issues with the Versa.
If it this replacement goes down. I’m done with Fitbit.
Good Luck🤞🏼
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope!! Didn’t work!  Is fitbit going to put out another update to fix this issue any time soon?!?  Mine is fairly new. Or send me a new one that does work... ?  

Best Answer
0 Votes