Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa losing time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa loses a minute every few days.

Does not correct with synching.

Tried rebooting.

Uninstalled and reinstalled app on phone.

Software up to date.

Using a fitbit clock face.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes
96 REPLIES 96

Is the verse 2 having the same issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not sure. I don’t have the Versa 2. Maybe someone else does in the
Fitbit community.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Is there a more permanent solution yet? As others have stated, this problem started for me with the last update and although these steps work, I really shouldn't have to go through this process every day. Yesterday, when I did this, it started losing time about an hour later and right now (less than 24 hours later) it is behind by 1 hour and 2 minutes. I've had the Versa since June after my Blaze stopped holding a charge for more than an hour or two. 

This is too frustrating, is a fix planned or should I find another brand of tracker. I've been with Fitbit for years, but it seems that once something new comes out the older trackers start developing "glitches" and I'm done buying new items in less than a year's time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting- I have the same problem with my Ionic but Fitbit have been blaming it n the iPhone update to ios13. However, this same issue has been impacting multiple models of phone and the original post wasn’t syncing with Apple.

the sync issue also does not explain why the watches lose time so quickly (I estimate about a tenth of a minute per minute)

Does the Versa 2 have this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Nick,

It must be something else because I have an Android phone. Also, I agree that it is a significant amount of time to lose in such a short period of time. I have the first Versa, so I do not know if Versa 2 has the same problem. 

Best Answer

Thanks - that at least confirms that Fitbit are being less than honest about the issue. Presenting it as a sync issue hides that there’s actual a significant fault with the phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and bought a letsfit for 40 bucks on amazon
Best Answer

Yeah... I can’t go without a functioning watch for much longer and Fitbit won’t give a timeframe. So new watch from somebody other than Fitbit looks like the only option.

Given the scale of these issues and with no fix insight, how long until the company collapses? New customers are going to cotton on soon that Fitbit devices aren’t working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm starting to shop around as well... more than anything tired of dropping $150+ per device to have to get a new one every year to 18 months. I really liked the Versa up until now, but it's a tool that is not doing what it was intended to do anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
YES,YES,YES. i am on my second Versa replacement this year because of this
same problem. Even though Fitbit wants you to believe it is your newer
phone (I have Galaxy x10) it is not the phone; it is FITBIT. If you want
get really **ahem**y with a supervisor, Fitbit will replace, but it takes
about a month for the replacement to arrive. Google purchased Fitbit and
the quality of Fitbit products has gone down. This will be my last Fitbit.
Best Answer

My versa started losing time yesterday. It also won't sync, clocks won't load, and now I think the Bluetooth is down. Spent an hour with help yesterday and finally heard the same thing you have about it's my phone.  They said they're working on it. Sounds like they aren't.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take it back to where you bought it and have it replaced if it’s still in warranty. Had mine replaced and haven’t had any more problems. Usually have 2 years warranty

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Thanks. Bought it at Kohl's. Anyone know if they will take it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to get it replaced

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
They should send you a replacement phone. How old is your Versa?
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
Have you tried shutting down the watch and then restarting it? I only have to do this after an update.. go to settings on the watch, then to about, then scroll to shutdown.. say yes.. wait at least 30 seconds and then hold down the back button and top right button until watch restarts.. within. A few seconds the watch will be at the right time and all will sync properly.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Thanks for all the feedback.  I bought it end of September at Kohl's. I've tried the shutdown, but will give it another shot after I get off the Fitbit helpdesk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No go on the return at Kohl's as electronics are only good for 30 days. Fitbit is sending me a new one since it is still within the one year warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's very interesting as they are telling me that it is my phone and not their responsibility... I am so angry right now. For some bizarre reason they support the Note 5 and Note 9 - none of the versions between which doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Having spent over a thousand dollars on various models, they have lost a customer forever... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m with you that. I’m getting Apple Watch and giving up on this Versa
which is my 3rd in a year.
This Versa isn’t losing time yet but every 2 days I have to unload the app
and reload to get Versa to sync but of course all apps are gone. It is
exhausting! Done with Fitbit!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer