Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not accurately tracking bike mileage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using my fitbit to track all my activities. It accurately tracks my walks, runs, treadmill but not my biking. It starts off okay but then stops. As an example, today as I rode my bike I checked the accuracy of my device to my Cateye bike computer. At 4.44 miles on my Cateye, my Versa indicated 4.45 miles. I thought great. At 6.89 miles, my Versa indicated 6.02 miles. At 12.43 miles, my Versa reported 6.89 miles. After 20.40 miles of riding, my Versa reported 9.10 miles. Has anyone else had this issue? As I said, it does track my running (I did 2 miles on a track and it recorded it accurately). 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Are you using connected GPS with your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Without my phone, Versa doesn't track activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with the Versa when running. It's understating my distance and that has an impact on all my stats. It's driving me crazy! Hoping someone can explain it..!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having trouble with my versa while walking! Some days it works perfectly, then some days it'll just exit out of my exercise activity and then doesn't work, I have to continuously restart it! This is my second versa because my last one was doing the exact same thing! This one is only 1-2 weeks old! I don't wear it in shower or water, I wipe it down every night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have issues with my versa while biking. 

I made a 20k ride this morning, for example, and it told me I made something like 7 000 steps and climbed 40 floors ! How accurate ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ebikeman, @SunsetRunner, @rosieg2b@Schurrr and @SebRiv, thanks for participating in the forums and for sharing your concerns here about the activity with connected GPS not being complete or accurate. 

I would first recommend you to check if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version available, for both Android and iOS platforms.   

There are other external factors that might interrupt the connection between your Versa and the phone. To learn more about this, you can check the information provided here: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? If the GPS connection is lost, it is possible the watch will start using the stride length and steps to measure distance. Also, are the phone models you're using to connect with your Versa in the list of compatible devices

I hope this helps, keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes