Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not accurately tracking my runs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So about a month ago my versa incorrectly tracked a run I went on, I have made a point of bringing my phone with me because I have noticed it affects gps tracking, mapping or whatever you want to call it. The point of me spending 200 dollars on this thing was so I didn't have to struggle with starting and stopping an app on my phone at the beginning and end of runs. So anyway....I reset my versa, I have done a complete factory reset on it twice now. The past two runs I have been on, it tracked incorrectly. I know this because I know the distance ahead of time... It told me I ran 4.87 miles on a known 6.5 mile loop. Why is it not connecting?? Apps on my phone never have issues with losing service or distance when I have gone on these runs where I may lose service...any who. Not happy, not sure what else to do.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hey @eswift119, welcome aboard! Ok, so your Versa is not calculating your correct distance when using the connected GPS, right? If so, beside the troubleshooting you mentioned that you tried, I'd like you to take a look at the requirements and other tips to fix this. Take a look at the help article: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? In addition, I'd like you to review your stride length.

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. As a matter of fact I had just ran a half marathon this past weekend. the GPS was off with distance by 2.62 miles. When training this is very frustrating. I have started to use other apps as well as my Versa to track. My other apps are always spot on. For the cost of this watch I am very disappointed right now.

Best Answer

Hey @HCarp. it is great to see new faces around! I suggest you to take a look at the troubleshooting in this help article: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? to try to fix this inaccuracy with the distance tracked by your Versa. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to revive an old post, but I'm having the same issue and the troubleshooting steps didn't fix this (my permissions were already set up correctly). Any other ideas? The strange thing is my Fitbit used to track my runs correctly, but now it consistently undercounts the miles I've run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa doesn't record my distance or pace correctly. So frustrating! I installed Strava and Fitness apps and Versa was off a lot.  This morning I ran 6.5miles but versa recorded 4.8 miles.  My gps was connected.  My stride may be longer because i am 6 feet tall...

Best Answer

This is apparently a super common issue with no current or anticipated fix. I agree, it's so frustrating! There are more details on it in this thread, but no resolution: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Distance-on-GPS-map-doesn-t-match-with-exercise-s...

I went through a few different support channels with Fitbit and the only thing they were able to do was escalate for visibility, but that was months ago.

Best Answer

Fitbit versa SmartWatch doesn't have built-in GPS so it won't be as accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct, but if it's connected to a GPS enabled device like a phone (like the original posted said) it should work.

Best Answer

This issue is frustrating too, I understand that it'll work better with GPS connected to a phone but I bought my versa for convenience so I didn't have to bring my phone for a run, my issue is that if I run slow I'm doing roughly 3.8 mile in 35 mins average 9.35 mins ,but if I'm running faster it'll lose miles , so if I run faster it'll record 3.1 miles in 31 mins average 9.15 when it's the  same distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s happening to me too! First month I had the versa it worked brilliantly now it keeps loosing GPRS (I presume that’s what is causing it). I take my phone too so I know that the signal is fine. How did you resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through a few different tiers of Fitbit support but the only answer I was ever able to get was that this is a known issue with no ETA on fixing it. I continued using my FItbit for a little while after that because it was at least useful as a watch, but without it actually being a fitness tracker I eventually just gave up on it. Mine's collecting dust in a drawer somewhere. The frustrating part for me is that just like yours it worked so well for 6mo or so!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 4th Fitbit and I got this specifically because I was running more and I knew my route last night was 3.5/3.6 miles and my exercise tracker which I started on my wrist showed 2.6! I was dumbfounded because of how many of my other runs are off.  Now it is just an expensive whats app notification and clock piece ;-( Sorely disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly my thought too,I tried running with my phone and Fitbit versa for the GPS to be connected also and on a 3.95 mile run , the GPS had it at 3.23 , not good enough in my opinion.

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I never really able to fix it It seems to be more accurate when I'm
tracking walks than when I'm tracking runs if I really want a more accurate
watch to track runs I just have to get the Fitbit Ionic. as long as it
keeps track of my calories and my heart rate I'm not too worried about how
accurate the distance is
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it seems to have worked this morning and more accurately it seems. The only thing I did differently was turn off my WIFI on my phone so that it didn’t try and connect to another network and disconnect from mobile data. 
Happy days ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes