Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Didn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa won't charge. It showed 90 percent this morning then just died. I have tried to reset. Cleaned it. Left on the charging cradle. A big concern now is that as I try to charge it the actual device is becoming extremely hot and if actually burned my finger when I removed it from the docking cradle. It becomes.extremely hot in a matter of a minute. So frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer service. They’ll send you a new charger, free and fast. I wouldn’t chance using that one.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is in my opinion as someone who works on computers etc. That the battery has failed. I would not attempy charging it and i would leave it in an old pot in the kitchen away from anything flammable in case the battery gets hot enough to melt and catch on fire. This was the pot can contain it at least. Contact Fitbit customer support and if its under warranty I'm sure they will replace it. Just my thoughts though.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding.
I did contact customer support.
The problem was the charger.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's a relief. Dont want it popping your battery thats for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re welcome. I had to replace my original charger as well.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

You ever fixed the problem  if so how did you get it fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Simple fix. Contact customer service. They are aware that there are defective chargers out there. They will send you a new one very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
They sent a replacement charger really fast. That too was faulty. I just sent it all back and got a full refund.Recently I bought a cheap version, it works, does what I need it to, and was about £30, a fraction of the price.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit sent me a new charger for free

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, get the Message Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source.

Charging in a socket in the wall , have also tried my computer. Versa is empty of battery so I cant Access it to restart it. Anyone With a quick fix for this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a new charging station for the Versa from Fitbit. Mine recently started to give the not enough power error message.  I figured it was the station because my daughter's station would charge my Versa. I read many of the posts.  I even tried taping the Versa to my Blaze charger.  No luck.  They I taped the Versa down on the Versa charger and it charged up.  I have a roll of painters tape ready to tape the watch in the station.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like pins on charger are not properly aligned. My first charger had
that problem. The pins were not all evenly sticking out from the charger.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is usually because not all the pins touch correctly on the charging port. I got a different one from amazon that works good. But you have to have it out if the case and set the bottom in at an angle first so the contacts line up then rock back the top into place. 
Here is the amazon link if interested. 
https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_pop?_encoding=UTF8&gen=canonical&lineItemId=...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info.   Rocking the watch into place seems to make it happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am having the same problem too!! I too restarted it and tried different plugs and no luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

contact customer care.  You may need a new charger.  They will send one out quickly. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did they tested it said it was defective but that the 1 year warranty had just went out a month ago. Will never buy this again worst product ever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes