Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

That’s disgraceful! Poor customer service doesn’t bode well for them. But, I know that Google was interested in buying them out. I’m not sure about the status of that. That may explain their attitude.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your pain. No way for Fitbit to keep customer loyalty
Best Answer
Mine was still in warranty and got it replaced. My current one has lasted 2yrs. I put clear tape over the contacts and wear it 3 or 4 days then peel it off and charge it. Then re-apply tape. This way my sweat and crud doesn't wear the 4 tiny contacts down. I have a first gen Versa. I don't know of any company that will give free replacement after warranty is expired. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have a original Versa. After I exercise I pat down both sides of the Versa with a a towel. So far so good

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Versa in question was never dropped or near water.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa and my wife has a Charge, and we both experience problems with charging. At the moment my Versa is completely dead, just shows 0%, and wont charge no matter how long it is plugged in and to what power source.

I have tried every kind of restart and reset possible, and customer support is not helping.

With all this trouble, and that the wristbands break every six months, I think I will be looking at a different brand for my next watch!

Best Answer
I definitely know the feeling. I got mine qhen they first hot the market and the charging contacts wore off in less than 6 months.  They replaced it quickly because it was under warranty. The replacement i took care to put clear tape over the charging contacts after charging it during the 4 days between charges. I also found the rubber cases would make it impossible to charge it without removing it. 
I also learned that some charge holders work better than the brand name that comes with it. I take care to lay the contact pin part in first and when you see the battery percentage light up its in place and charging. 
Mine is still going strong for what has been what, over 2 years now? 
It seemed the charging pins are just inherently poorly made. They should have made it more like the Pebble.  Mag connector. I still have my pebble which Fitbit took over and foolishly scraped their designs. 
I don't plan on another Fitbit or versa 2 unless i see a major upgrade to the charging port.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is doing the same thing and it is not even 2 years old yet. my mom got it for me for Christmas and my dad said there is something wrong with the back because the battery is swollen and not making a good connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact customer service If there is an issue with a swollen battery, you
will likely get a replacement watch and charger, even if out of warranty.
That’s what happened for me. --

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has been dead for 7 months. Planned on getting an Apple Watch, but for some reason I couldn’t throw my Versa out, you know, just in case... low and behold my friends’ watch did the same thing and she fixed it. With OLIVE OIL!!! I rubbed a little olive oil on the 4 charging dots of the watch and rubbed its connector points on the charger. Guess whose watch is now charging!! If it works please pass along the info. I could have used this info 7 months ago. 

Best Answer
Great news and thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
Outstanding!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!--
*Temisha Lee*

*"Only wasted day is one without laughter"*
*Author unknown*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that would probably clean off any crud on it and allow current through it. If you wear lotion or sweat alot like i do, it degrades the contacts. That why i cut and put clear tape over the contacts when i wear it amd replace it after charging every 4 to 5 days. I have a Versa Gen 1 still and its working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that recently but unfortunately it did not work. That may be because the battery has been uncharged for so long that it has degraded completely (common problem with modern batteries). After having tried every other suggestion in this thread I changed to a garmin. mostly because before my fitbit stopped charging the wristband broke every 3 months. The battery was just the last straw.
I am happy for those that got their started.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and for the ones that are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. If you're experiencing battery charging issues, please try the steps mentioned on this article

If you're still having difficulties after performing the procedure mentioned above, then get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. As for now, this thread will be closed, if needed create your own post. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes