Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Good deal! Thanks for the tips. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa isn't charging.  Just started doing this yesterday.  I tried connecting through outlet, laptop, desktop, TV and power source.  None are working.  I restarted, reset, cleaned connectors, nothing is working.  Any advice would be helpful.  In the meantime I'm using my charge 2, and not getting notifications.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are the little copper contacts worn off? Mine did after 2 months of wearing it and i had problems. Got a warranty replacement but it was a hassle and went back to my Pebble Steele for a month while i waited. 
With the replacement the same issue will happen eventually. Since i only charge it every 3 days or so, i put a little piece of clear tape over the contacts to protect it while I wear it and replace it after charging.
Its a small hassle but its better than going through the long waiting process with a warranty swap. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you saying the 4 contacts (gold dots) on back side of Versa watch and
not the 4 pins on the charger wore off. If so, that will be a big problem
for all of us.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, the four pins on the back of the Versa wore off. I had it warranty replaced since it was 2 months old. I workout 3 times a week and run a lot so i sweat and i guess it wore the contacts off and wouldn't charge. So in the pic attached, i put a piece of thick clear box tape over the contacts when i wear it to protect it. Then peel it off and charge it every 3 days and put a fresh piece on. Hopefully this resolves the problem because they can't really fix it. Its an inherent design flaw.
Also, when placing on the charger, try to get it straight on and don't wiggle or shake it. The scraping of the contacts on thebnb charger and the Versa scrapes the copper off as well.
I have everything else working  like notifications and replys etc. But this poor design is something that can't be fixes, just worked around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you say "clear tape" do you mean scotch tape. If so, won't Versa back
side get stickey?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Clear scotch tape will work too but i use a small piece of the clear packaging tape and cut a small piece and leave them in a cupboard hanging off a shelf. So i can just grab one and put it on. It doesn't make it all sticky on my Versa. Even if it did, rubbing alcohol on a q-tip would clean it. 
I have had mine back about 3 weeks now no problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the tip. I bought my first Versa for my wife for Mother's Day
and still have no charging issues. Her original charger was defective in
that the pins did not line up properly. From left to right, they went from
low to high. Wondering if your pins are maybe set to high in charger and
maybe could be filed down or get a 2nd charger ( to campare).
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up using a case that charges with the protector still on off A mazon. Then put a protecrive glass on it and using the tape trick.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think so. I got it to start to charge twice but it stopped again
right away. i cleaned the connections on both. It was very short lived.
Very frustrating. I think my charger went bad.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That could be it. I bought a replacement thinking that was it and still had issues. It would hold the versa down tight enough to charge it at first. I used a rubber band to keep the grabbers closed tighter snd that helped for a while but eventually the contacts wore down too much and i got a warranty replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  It appears that all the gold contacts are intact on charger and watch.  When I put the Versa on the charger it shows that it is indeed charging, but it actually isn't. Did yours show that it was charging even though it wasn't?   Went through all the hoops that were suggested.  Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My original charger did not show it was charging. The pins in the charger
were not level. That does not seem to be your case. My recommendation is a
new charger.
Best Answer
Call fit bit and ask for the number for the warranty
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.   I even purchased a new charger.   My versa has been dead for 2 days and no matter what it won't charge.  I've tried cleaning it and different ports.    

Best Answer

Mine is actually working better then ever now.  I reset the versa to factory settings.

1. Connect the Fitbit Versa to the charging cable.
  2. Hold all 3 buttons for about 15 seconds, until the Fitbit logo appears.
  3. When the Fitbit logo disappears release the Bottom Right button, then keep holding the Left and Top Right button until you feel a strong vibration.

I also updated my fit bit app on my phone. 

After I reset the versa and updated the app it still wasn't charging.  I turned off the versa and stuck it on the charger and let it sit.  When I came back it had charged some.  I took it off the charger, turned it off and stuck it back on the charger.  Working very well now.  Try this and see if it fixes your issues.  If not I would get warranty information and send it back in.  Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I was sent a replacement and all is well for now. Thank for responding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that problem. After trouble shooting with customer service they sent a new watch. The design had changed and fit the cradle better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.  My watch totally went dead two weeks ago.  Tried charging it in both my and my wife's charging hub.  I'll receive a new watch module three weeks after it first went dead.  Found out this morning that my wife's watch now isn't charging - 0% on the battery.  When probing the terminal contacts in the charging cradle, the right most pin is 4.64V with ground on any of the other three terminals.  Both charging cradles read 4.64V.  Has anyone else measured their terminal voltages?  Based on the majority of posts here, we might be better off getting a cheap 3rd party charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines not charging either.  Just had it two weeks.  Being sent instructions for a factory reset.  Sounds like a systemic fault to me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes