Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not connecting to WiFi.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The WiFi setting does not work in het app so i can not work with Deezer to put music On my watch 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hello @Dianegerinckx, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. If you have trouble connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, first make sure that your Wi-Fi network is working correctly and that your network type is compatible with your watch. Then move on to the troubleshooting steps if needed. To verify your Wi-Fi network is working correctly, connect another device, such as your phone or computer, to your network. If the device connects successfully, confirm your network type is compatible with your Fitbit watch by reviewing the supported network types in How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi? For best results, use your home or work Wi-Fi network.

After you verify the network is compatible, plug your watch into the charger and make sure it’s in range of your Wi-Fi network. For a stronger Wi-Fi connection, move your watch closer to your router. If you still can’t connect to Wi-Fi, complete the steps below based on your issue.

If you have trouble adding a Wi-Fi network, complete the steps below. If you have a hidden network, skip to the next section.

1. Restart your watch by pressing and holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  2. Go back to the Fitbit app and try again to add a Wi-Fi network.
  3. If you see other networks appear in the list of available networks, but not your preferred network, move your watch closer to your router.

If you still can't connect your watch to Wi-Fi, please try the following:

Remove your watch from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone (known as "unpairing"). 

1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > your device name > find an option to forget the device.
  2. Go back to the Fitbit app and try again to add a Wi-Fi network.

I hope this can be helpful, if after following these steps your Versa is able to connect to WiFi, please check the steps listed on this article to transfer your playlists to the Deezer app. In case the watch is still not connecting to WiFi, please let me know. 

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Have tried all of your recommended steps to connect to WiFi and verified that my home network is functional and compatible but my new Versa still will not stay connected.

I am able to sign into the WiFi network through the FitBit app but the Versa continues to show "WiFi off" with 90% battery power, whether plugged in or not. The result is that the Versa does not perform certain functions as advertised (no phone-free Pandora, for example).

Please advise.

Best Answer

I have the dame problem the app says I al connected bit my watch can not find the WiFi and I can not put music on the watch 

I hope there is a solition  I bought the watch because it was possible to set music on it

grtz

Diane

Best Answer

Try using your phone as a hotspot.  And connect through your phone to the internet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also turn Bluetooth off on both your phone and computer.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. After digging into the device API a bit it appears that Versa is not able to connect to WiFi in the absence of its companion mobile device. This is a bit of an annoyance but otherwise the watch has been pretty great!

Best Answer

Hello.

After many hours of playing with the wifi, I found a simple solution.  Enable the GUEST wifi connection on your router (if you have one - most do nowadays) and set it as OPEN (no password) and Intranet Access (required for watch to be found).  

My watch immediately connected to this SSID and I was able to sync 77 songs without an issue.  

Appears the wifi issue is likely associated with encryption logic compatibility so turning off password requirement works.

Since I only use WIFI to sync music, I disabled the Guest SSID afterwards.

Best Answer

That fixed it, sounds like hopefully this will be fixed soon in future versions of the API? Or is it the encryption logic on the device itself that's causing this. Hoping future firmware will include an update to this encryption issue.

Best Answer

It seems to me like the Versa has such a weak wifi chip that unless you are right next to the router, it will not find the signal.  My TV and phone are running on wifi, but the watch shows no signal even though both my routers are set up on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine works fine both close and far away, but only with the password encryption turned off.

Cheers,

Markster
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could be the encryption, but mine shows no signal even though I am sitting right next to the router.  Connecting to wifi should not be this hard!  Fitbit engineers have some work to do.

Best Answer

I think your issue is a good one to chase\resolve.  When you say it shows no signal, how are you establishing that.  I use my iPhone to go in fitbit settings and try and enable the wifi on the Versa.

So the first thing that happens there is the list of available wifi connections shows up, then you choose the wifi connection you want.  In my case the 2.4 wifi SSID of my router ALWAYS shows up, no matter where I am located in my house (or backyard for that matter).

BUT, when I try and connect to that 2.4 SSID, it never connects to it IF the encryption is turned on.  If I turn it off it connects no problem.  Hence why I enabled the GUEST 2.4 SSID without password solution.

So, how are you connecting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  The Wifi is listed there, however it is not connecting.  I cannot get any closer to my router.  I have deleted it, etc and trying to set it back up and nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried using the guest Wifi - no luck.  This really should NOT BE THIS HARD! 

Best Answer

Did you disable the need for a password on the GUEST wifi, that is the key piece that is required.  You should not be asked for a password when trying to connect to it, otherwise you have not disabled the password.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that.  I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with support and still no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I have had my versa for 3 weeks and it has worked great.  But today I noticed it won't sync.  My wi-fi works because it hasn't been changed.  My phone and computer and my husband computers connect to the internet.  My phone wi-fi works but the versa app does not see wi-fi.  I wanted connected all the time.  It if used to sync at work with no wi-fi but it won't even do that.  

Best Answer

I am starting to hate my Versa and have only worn it 24 hours. Nothing is working. Won't reset clock, tells me Bluetooth is off and it is not. And someone lied. It is needing a charge every 24 hours, not every 5 days and if nothing is working, cant be I am using too many apps. Cause I am not.

Best Answer
So mine stopped syncing as well.

Try this...worked for me. I deleted the app...rebooted the watch then reinstalled the app....and then it would sync. Still no wifi for me though.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer