Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not connecting to WiFi.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The WiFi setting does not work in het app so i can not work with Deezer to put music On my watch 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Well I am not having any issue with syncing or bluetooth.  I did however notice that it "appears" the Versa needs more charging then the Charge 2, which given the display and extra functionality makes sense (I guess).  However, I also noticed that it tells you it is low well in advance of it actually needing to be charged.  For example, my Versa is charged every 4 days, but at the end of day 2 I typically get told it is low.  By the time I charge it on day 4, it is at 9%.  I use my fitbit daily for my weight routine, walking, and never take it off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the steps you state with no success and great waste of time 

i will have to return this dud product

Best Answer

am having the same problem.  it worked fine for  4 weeks and suddenly when I want sync it shown want to join fit bit and ask for E mail and Pass word an though I put them correctly it says invalid e mail or pass word and when I say forgot pass word it says no internet connection (though available or FITBIT Network under maintenance.  It is terribly irritating.  I want to throw the fit bit and go for garmin!!!

Best Answer
Mine started working.   But again having problems.  It says it hasn't updated since July 26.  And I keep losing my clock face.   And I agree starting to hate it.  
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer

Hating it. And I have just been with it .for a day .I have done everything this blog says and nothing is working .

Best Answer
I haven't synced since July 23rd.   Keep tracks of my steps during the day on my watch but won't sync to the phone.  I give up.
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my fitbit versa is not being connected to wifi..i need to update software tracker , not able to do it. Tried all methods but still not . Please help or else have to return this device

Best Answer

I am having the same issues.

Best Answer

I have done all of the steps you have outlined above and my watch still won't connect to wifi.  I have had it for more than 7 months and it worked fine all that time and then last week all of a sudden it wouldn't sync.

What do i do now?

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience and let us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread. At this moment, if you're still having issues with your Versa, I would like to suggest you to update the firmware on your watch in case you haven't done it yet. 

Please note that it's possible that you will not be prompted inside of the Fitbit app to update to the latest firmware version (32.12.19). 

Instead, we'd only released Fitbit OS 2.2 (32.12.19) to a small subset of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa customers. If you currently have Fitbit OS 2.1(32.10.15) on your Versa, to upgrade to Fitbit OS 2.2, the only way to do that is to factory reset your device to receive the update. See this article: How do I erase my Fitbit device? for instructions on how to perform a factory reset. 

*Please note that factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. All your Fitbit data is still available in the Fitbit app. 

If you’re having issues updating from a previous version, we’re working on making the update more widely available. We apologize again for any confusion surrounding the release of this firmware. We are always working towards making improvements for future releases. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have version 32.12.19. I have only had the device 24 hours and I'm sick of it already. It constantly says Wifi OFF despite me connecting it repeatedly and my phone claiming it is connected. I've tried all the troubleshooting advice and nothing works. Also it fails to find any bluetooth audio devices, so even though I've managed to download my music I can't listen to it from the watch. Absolutely useless.

Best Answer

I finally got the WiFi to connect and was able to download some songs, however it will not pair with any of my headphones either!!  AGREE - it is useless...That was the main reason to buy this watch - so I can run without bringing my phone.  I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone until they get ALL these connectivity issues resolved...the Apple watch performs most of the same health based functions, and more!  

Best Answer

I finally got mine connected to my phones hotspot, but while it says its connected it still won't download anything from music to certain clock faces. It is very frustrating that I am unable to use all the functions the one good things I guess is that it connected to my phones bluetooth with no issues. I did debate taking it back, but I concluded that I don't need it to listen to music or to act like my phone. but I like the sleep function and some others things that do work just fine. I also still have to have my Zip on me because having a stepper on your wrist doesn't really count your steps accurately, esspecially when you push a wheelchair or a shopping cart. Maybe one day I will break down and get an Apple Watch I just can't justify spending that much money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sending mine back. I’m not wasting all that money when my Fitbit charge 2 does all the things the versa does....because versa doesn’t do what it claims. You’ve done yourselves no favours with this Fitbit. My next purchase will be the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn’t work 

the fitbit says “WiFi off” but found the WiFi when setting up.

whats the return policy? I’ve had this less than 1 year. Bought in June.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same game here just spinning cirle for 8 hours straight. Clearly not just lagging ... Hopefully a solution soon or I'm trying to sell this thing and go back to my Alta untill I find something else. Maybe the new samsung gear 2.

Any thoughts? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problems on my wife's new Versa

Some steps I took to resolve.

1. unpair the device from the phone BlueTooth settings

2. unpair the device from the fitbit app

3. restart phone and device

4. open fitbit app and Setup/pair device (not in BT settings)

5. skip setting up wifi in setup

6. place device on top of the wireless router

7. initiate wifi setup and search for wifi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @raiderpb, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing the troubleshooting steps you took in order to resolve this issue on your side, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if you don't have a guest wifi? or how would you find out if you have a guest wifi?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I updated after Christmas I was able to get on my house wifi

Best Answer
0 Votes