Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not counting stairs climbed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I climb 10 flights at least a day, being I work on the 10th floor. Last two days it hasn't been counting the stairs climbed. Less than a month old.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

You u don't mention if steps on the stairs are being counted @NaomiRW

Best Answer

I occasionally have that problem and realized in my case it has to do with the battery strength. If it's at half battery, I won't get as many flights in, as the Versa is likely not sensing movement as well.

A quick restart usually helps. Just hold the left and bottom right buttons for 10 seconds. The Fitbit logo should appear and you should feel a slight vibration, signaling a successful restart.

By doing the soft reset process as outlined above, you won't lose any progress you made during the day. If you did a factory reset, you would lose your progress.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

It's great to welcome you @NaomiRW@Rich_Laue and @DramaQueenDiva thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked? Are you still having issues with your Versa counting your stairs?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello - yes and no. With full battery it was still not counting it. I guess it would only count the steps if I ran up the stairs vs walk. 

I completed a soft reset and so far it has been okay. Only didn’t count one of the 14 flights I’ve taken today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish that Fitbit would answer with an update or something.  I bought a new Versa Special Edition, it did not count stairs, since it's Christmas, I gifted it, and wrote "used" on it, not fooling anyone, and bought a new regular Versa, for myself.  This one also does not count stairs.  Occasionally I'll get one flight all day, but my house has stairs, I cannot go a day with less than 10 flights.  I've used Fitbits for several years, but now I am thinking about other brands.  For me, this is an important feature.  Losing a few steps while walking, or on the treadmill is one thing, but not counting flights at all is something else altogether.  This is definitely not on upgrade of previous devices, it is worse.

Best Answer

@goodmorning how tall are your ceilings? They need to be at least 10 feet tall, in the USA this means at least 17 steps on the stairway.

When you walk up stairs, is your tracker counting your steps? If not, then the tracker doesn't realize the person is moving and stairs will not be counted. 

First thing to check is to make sure steps taken on the stairway is being counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes