Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not giving accurate distance/pace.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have been using the Versa for a month now and I've noticed its giving very inaccurate distance and pace. I've been using a training app along side the fitbit app and it's like night and day. In the end I get the same map from both but the distance is half with the versa. I downloaded a 3rd app to see what that would come up with and once again its double what the versa is giving me. I've tried resetting it, measuring and correcting my stride length, I swing my arms, and I'm just not sure what else to do. My pace on the versa is triple what I'm getting from these other apps as well. Has anyone else had these problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@t.parker , @AEM2007 

There is a very interesting discussion about this, here, with troubleshooting steps, examples, etc:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Distance-on-GPS-map-doesn-t-match-with-exercise-s...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

According to some mods here, Versa uses your stride to estimate distance and pace even if you use connected GPS. The GPS is used only to capture the map and calculate your stride. The same problem I observed in case of Ionic. In fact, no one knows how pace and distance are really calculated (from different employees you may get very different answers) but probably not by using GPS data. For serious running training Fitbit toys are rather useless.

Best Answer

@t.parker , @AEM2007 

There is a very interesting discussion about this, here, with troubleshooting steps, examples, etc:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Distance-on-GPS-map-doesn-t-match-with-exercise-s...

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this post. That's not the answer I was hoping for as it seems there's no hope in fixing the problem anytime soon but at least I know there's nothing I can do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same. I spoke to customer support shortly after i purchased my versa lite about this issue. They were no help whatsoever and it still is very inaccurate. I had a charge 2 prior to the versa which was much better. Very disappointed with the versa lite!

Best Answer
0 Votes