Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not holding a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had my Versa for about 3 months now and for the past few weeks it has been dying fast usually last 4 1/2 -5 days and now it dies within a day 1 1/2 . Help, what should I do?

I love my watch, would hate to stop wearing it. Can some one please help me resolve this issue? The reason I got this watch was cause the battery life.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Tmg29 and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked? Are you still having issues with your Versa holding a charge?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the SAME issue. After two rounds of support calls, they sent me a new chargeer in which I need to test as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same battery issues...Have done all the suggestions. Was fully charged last night at 9:30 pm and the battery died at 2:54 am...I have only had it since Mother's day...Not a happy camper!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

No I had to call the support line and they asked me to test my versa by turning everything off call notifications text em mails reminders ect. Which I think is dumb my versa battery life was really good before and I had everything on now it just feels like a bracelet  they ever had me turn off the auto wake all of this till it dies which I have done as instructed started this test on the 16 and it's only at 34% and today is the 21st which I would love if it had everything else on I have to let it die completely before I call to let them know how long it lasted u will keep you updated as to what they tell me 

Best Answer

Hey @JuanParada, I hope you are doin' fine! Thanks for the update! Sounds great that our Support has helped you out with this and sent you a charging cable to get your Versa back on track. 

@Ilovepink65, welcome aboard! I appreciate the time you have taken to get in touch with our Support team. If you haven't, I'd like you to get in touch with our Support team and let us know the outcome!

@Tmg29, I will appreciate you update us about what Support says about your Versa. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of the above and the battery still does not hold a charge. It is not the contacts or the computer or the apps.  Defiately a battery issue.   

I fully recharged last night at 10pm.  This morning by 8am it was 35% - 10 hours later with using none of the exercise apps.  it was only set for my sleep pattern and pulse. 

Best Answer

Hey @kiwi61, thanks for your reply! Considering the inconveniences that you still having with the battery of your Versa, since it is draining too fast, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you, so keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my versa for Christmas and over the last two weeks the charge lasts less than 24 hours. I no longer have notifications or messages coming through. I am so fed up I have gone back to my glitchy Alta that I have had for about 3 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now experiencing this issue that the fitbit versa. have tried the suggestions listed but same problem. I only got it for Christmas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @CaribbeanOyter, it is great to see new faces around! Thanks for trying some of the tips posted along the thread to make the battery of your Versa last longer. Since the issue persists, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted the customer support they send me a new one and it was going good for a while then it started again so i have officially changed watched i just received a samsung galaxy watch and it is great doesn't keep the charge that I want but makes up for it with everything else it does 

Best Answer

How do you get to live chat please?  My Versa died last Friday & I tried every trick everyone posted in the forum. I ordered those replacement chargers from Amazon & they should be here tomorrow. I bought mine in late October 2018 from QVC & still have 1 payment left to make. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the live chat & they are sending me a replacement charger  Hope this is the answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tmg29, I hope you are doin' fine! It is sad to see you leaving the Fitbit family. But please keep in mind, if you have further questions or comments, please let me know! 

@Missyb57, I appreciate the time you have taken to contact our Support team for further help. Keep me updated. 😉

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well sadly the chargers from Amazon dud not work.  Then I got the replacement charger from Fitbit & watch has been in cradle for 24 hours now still with 0% battery. So now what do I do.  I'm livid to think I'm going to be making my last payment on a nonexistent watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience, @Missyb57. The battery issue might be with the Versa itself, but I can't guarantee anything. My best advice would be to get in touch with Fitbit Support again, and explain them your situation, so they can find a solution for you as soon as possible. 

Keep me updated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are sending me a replacement Versa.  I am a bit apprehensive that it's a battery not firmware issue & what will happen IF this one stops too, but I will keep my Hope's up for a good outcome 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds awesome @Missyb57! I appreciate the update my friend. Keep in mind that you can let me know if you have further questions or comments. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes