Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not holding a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had my Versa for about 3 months now and for the past few weeks it has been dying fast usually last 4 1/2 -5 days and now it dies within a day 1 1/2 . Help, what should I do?

I love my watch, would hate to stop wearing it. Can some one please help me resolve this issue? The reason I got this watch was cause the battery life.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

my battery charge only last 2 days. I have had Versa for 11 months. Used to have a charge for at least 4 days. Can battery be replaced or am I stuck with charging every two days?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still haven’t gotten an answer and my Fitbit still won’t stay charged. How do I go about getting a replacement? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I approached the Support services via the website. Spoke to them did a few checks and they sent me a new Versa (No strap) and it has been great ever since.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I approached the Support services via the website. Spoke to them did a few checks and they sent me a new Versa (No strap) and it has been great ever since.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This! I honestly think it's to do with the firmware/android app because the Versa won't stay paired to the phone anymore, and the battery drain is due to the Versa trying to connect to the phone to sync. Fitbit won't admit that they buggered things up because the Versa 2 is having similar issues. I've had my Versa since Christmas too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once the battery runs out fast, your watch is at deaths door. This has been a Versa problem from day one, the battery. What seems to help on my second one was charging every day for 1 or 1/2 hour never charge it over night or for a prolonged period. I also found on my second Versa I did not sync with my phone, since they would spend all day every day seeking each other to sync wearing down both batteries. I went with my PC it's easier on the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will charge up but battery lasts about 10 hours maximum. So fed up with it. It is a replacement as last one stopped syncing to phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It came down to a couple things and now it lasts 5 days again. I had to
choose a chick face that did not include weather. I also had to turn off
all day sync AND the start connected option.
Best Answer
0 Votes

what is the point of having a versa if you are turning off things to preserve battery?  Would you put up with this with a smart phone? No.  Mine has suddenly started leaking battery without reason.  No way am i prepared to accept this ridiculous fault and I am amazed at people who are!  It is a fault and should be registered as such.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't use the weather update on my watch anyway.. could care less as long
as my stats are correct and the battery works I'm good! I don't expect
perfect out of anything.. makes my life much happier so.. there's that
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought this thing to do all the features it advertises and until now have been very happy with.  I do use extras like weather but very rarely.  My main focus is fitness and exercise and when it dies in the middle of a exercise routine after being fully charged that morning then I think I am entitled to feel a bit miffed if not downright P***d off considering the money these things cost.

Best Answer
0 Votes
cool so... here's my suggestion.. turn off your weather and find a badass
challenge to be in so it's exciting to turn off your all day sync. If that
doesn't work.. CALL THEM.. I did.. they replaced or without question twice.
What's your other option.. continue to be pissed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't say I am really pissed just not happy. All I want is my very nice helper to be back again! I do consider it a helper as without it I would not be doing what I am doing, exercise way.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I completely understand but there are options. I assure you Fitbit tends to
be very fair with their replacement policy and their customer service. You
need to reach out. I am sure however if you can find a watch face that
doesn't update the weather and ONLY shows your stats and turn off the all
day sync function your battery will last MUCH much longer!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am sure.  Is that what you do?  Because your comment comes over as quite patronising??  Or is that what you advise poor, ignorant people?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Obviously it's what I have done.. as I already stated this before. So if
it's patronizing maybe it's because it's been ALREADY suggested. However,
I'm trying to be advising since you're the one that send to ONLY want to
complain rather than find yourself a solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. Tried what you suggested. /been there done that. No resolution. Not complaining, nor moaning; just pretty fed up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So you've called Fitbit and gotten a replacement? I mean if that's the
case.. sorry for your bad luck with a GREAT product!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I presume you are being paid? No one is that stupid without remuneration.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I just don't expect perfection and I don't believe acting entitled gets
anyone anywhere. I believe in fair chances and I don't believe problems
solve themselves through complaining. You can kindly take my advice as this
is a forum to help the Fitbit community or you can direct your unwarranted
anger to the correct place.. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT! Frankly I
hope you switch to Apple as the Fitbit community is for more laid back
people!
Best Answer
0 Votes