Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not logging sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new versa isn’t detecting or saving my sleep information 

if someone could help would be grate 

thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
224 REPLIES 224

I've tried everything suggested to get my premium sleep details to appear instead of just basic.

I've been using this versa 2 watch since Christmas and it's worked perfectly till now I've had 6 days in a row with just basic readings it's not very old 5 months should I ask for a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had similar problems in the past, especially when we had a time
change in the USA.

Have you tried a reset of the watch? Easy to find a tutorial on youtube for
that...

Also, what do you use to communicate and set up the watch functions? I use
the Fitbit app on both my android cell phone and my computer. If my
computer is on while my phone is on, the watch gets confused and doesn't
reset properly. Once I finally figured that out, I make sure one or the
other is on, not both as I'm working on changing the settings or getting
back a function I want. Once I lost the sleep stages as well. After a few
days it came back. I have also called the fitbit team for guidance....

Hope that helps...
Curious1
Best Answer
Thank you I do use the android watch and computer with fit bit versa 2 but this has never caused a problem in the  past.I've pretty much tried everything except a complete reset but I will give your suggestions a go here's hoping Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck! I have also used Geek Squad repair services/trouble shooting
from a store in my area, Best Buy...but this was when we didn't have the
pandemic keeping us away from in-store services. Next best, as I mentioned
before, is to contact a Fit-bit agent. To my knowledge the FitBit Customer
service phone # is 1-877-623-4997. They use contract services, 24/7.
Hope that helps...
Curious1
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem for a month now.  Lately it is not also logging my heart rate.  I've had my Versa 1.5 years ago, as a Christmas gift in December 2018. I have tried turning off and on, resetting it, changed USB port hook up, and plugged to different electrical outlet.  I miss my Charge 2 which I gave away when I received my Versa.  Is there any other way to fix this?  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this same problem and did a soft reset on it by holding down the button on the side of watch for 20 seconds the screen will go blank then the fitbit symbol will appear.You wont lose any data doing this.I then cleaned the back of the watch and slept with it on the opposite wrist and next morning It was working again. Have a try you have nothing to lose Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all that you have listed except putting it on my non dominant wrist. I will try that. Thanks.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately not that I have discovered. This watch is a disappointment when it comes to sleep stages and heart rate and this is one of the main reasons for my purchase. I have had mine 2 years now and I have issues regularly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I agree; sleep stages and heart rate are the most important functions to me, too. It's useless to me if I can't have both. I've had several models of Fitbit over the years with no problem. And I just bought 3 new bands for it, 2 are still unused. Versa is such a huge disappointment!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is so disappointing 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Elizawitch,
So there is no other fix to this that you know of? You are lucky yours lasted 2 years; mine lasted at 1 year and 5 months only.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope not that I an aware of. Seems to only do what it wants when it wants.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my Versa 2 at Costco not even 2 weeks ago and I'm already running into this issue. The sleep tracker is why I bought it and I'll either try to return it or put it in my night stand until I have the courage to pay the money for an Apple watch. My wife has an Apple watch and has no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
HiI dont think the Apple watch is as good as the Versa2 and doesnt have as many good features as well as sleep stages and oxygen levels as you sleep they will be adding more features to see if you might have sleep apnea now you wont get that on an Apple watchOr you might just have a duff watch therefore get an exchange.Have you tried all the usual things like a soft reset ,updating the app, cleaning the back of the watch with a bit of soapy water on a cloth and then sleeping with it on the other wrist.I alternate wrists and find it helps a lot to avoid irritation on the skin as wellI hope you find a solution that works for you.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi xmnuz23762, Yes I have tried all tips in the Community discussions except the factory reset. Thought it will be my last resort as I'm not tech savvy. If it still doesn't work, I'd get a Versa 2 hopefully it is better and will last longer. BTW I also lost tracking of heart rate. I only need the sleep, heart rate and steps info out of this "smart watch." How do I get a discount coupon? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Janetbb, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm glad to hear that you're now receiving your sleep stages. Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you and for your time while helping others as @curious1 did with you. 

Hello @DDMom01@elizawitch, and @RunningwithNike, thanks for stopping by and reporting the issues you're having with the heart rate and sleep stages. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this prior to posting here.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

As you may know, sleep stages are based on heart rate data, so make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

If after testing the above suggestions for the next couple of nights your watch is still not giving your sleep stages or heart rate, I'd recommend doing the following steps:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your watch, from the main screen of your watch, swipe left until you see "Settings", next swipe up until you see "Heart Rate" and switch it to Off.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Versa. To do so, open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon, tap on your Versa's image and tap on "Sync Now" 
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your watch once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your watch once again. 
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible) We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.

Also, for more detailed information, see: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? or What should I know about sleep stages?

Let me know how it goes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this situation and I obtain my FITBIT Versa 2 like one week ago. I have problem with get correct HRV and/or Sleep Tracker. I not see Graph REM ... and how I pause step tracker because when I Work in my office mark more steps and doesn't happens. Any suggestion?

Because it's not get a good resolve my issue I think to make a refund with this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
During the day I wear my Fitbit Versa on my left arm.
To sleep I wear on my right arm & Fitbit records all my sleep patterns.
It was working perfect on my left arm & 3 months ago it stopped recording sleep patterns. So I switched arms to sleep.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my Versa 2 3 weeks after buying the Charge 4 as this was too small.  It consistently fails to log sleep.  My charge 4 was fine.

I factory reset, I wear it in the right place

I switched off the heart rate monitor and back on gain

I even set it to sensitive monitoring.

Clearly it is faulty and would like it seen to and swapped out

I have tried to chat online and it crashes if it even loads up

I am at my whit's end in how I get this sorted.  I love in the UK but bought this in Norway so I can't just take it back.

Please would someone help advise on how I can get through to Fitbit...their customer service is not greta if I can't contact them efficiently.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jaymark, if chat or email doesnt work you can always try calling them, details can be found here: Get Support. Good luck! I had a good experience with their call center myself. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes