Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not notifying with new texts, but phonecalls appear okay. Android phone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Completely reset my Versa last night as I hadn't used it in well over a year (did full factory reset and started from scratch, including full update of the smartwatch). The only thing is I'm not receiving text message notifications on it.

Able to get call notifications perfectly fine, so I know everything is set up. Have gone through the forums and checked all the other suggestions - notification settings, bluetooth settings etc and still not fixed the issue. Also phone is currently directly next to my Versa so I know that the distance thing isn't an issue.

Running Android on Samsung Galaxy s20 FE with firmware and app software fully updated.

Many thanks for help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Same here. No notifications at all for msgs, email or phone calks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Managed to fix it myself after constant playing around cause I cannot help myself lol

Went to my Versa profile under the FitBit app on my phone, then Notifications. Went into each separate section (messages, calendar etc) and flicked everything on and off again, and played around with what apps I'd like to pop up on my Versa. Then I saw a banner appear saying to restart my phone for it to take effect, so that's what I did.

Lo and behold, it's all working perfectly now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed it for myself so maybe try this for you, too.

Go into your FitBit app on your phone and select your device. Then go to notifications (just under the tiles for watch faces/apps etc). Switch everything off then on again, and make sure you've set up your message program/email to what you want, then restart your phone, re-enter your FitBit app and re-sync it. Seemed to work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes