Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not receiving calls after new firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an android (Samsung Galaxy) and just performed the update with the new firmware. I was receiving calls and notifications just fine before and now I cant receive calls. Ive tried uninstalling the app, changing the notification settings, restarting both watch and phone.. nothing. Ive contacted fitbit via chat and they couldnt help. Anyone having this issue and maybe knows hoe to fix it? (If it can be fixed..?)

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I also had an update earlier today and now I have not been receiving text message notifications on my LG G5

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also not receiving call notifications on my Fitbit Versa from my Samsung 8 Note. I've done every step that the Fitbit Help section suggested to fix the problem. Nothing!!! 

It's been one constant issue...I've contacted Fitbit customer service (by phone) TWICE already about issues and I've only owned the Versa for 13 days!!! 

Everyday is a struggle with this watch to sync my steps, sleep, etc from my watch to phone. I literally have to pair and unpair the bluetooth AND then click on something random within the Fitbit app ON MY PHONE (for example: the water intake log or open up and look a previous nights sleep log results) AND then ON MY Fitbit WATCH open an app (for example: the weather app) just for the two devices to recognize each other. It's comparable to the M&M's Christmas commercial where the yellow M&M and the red M&M see Santa Claus. 

M&M's: "He does exist!"

Santa: "They do exist!"

Only in my scenario it's my Fitbit and my Samsung Note 8

Samsung: "It does exist!"

Fitbit: "Oh! There you are!"

This is just so exhausting!!! I really like the Versa watch as far as looks (the Target only exclusive color Periwinkle/Rose Gold), size, and the information it tracks and I really like the detailed reports I receive to the app on my phone (especially the sleep logs)...but I REALLY hate the process of getting them to work together! And NOW I have the call notification issue! I understand this is a new product...but my goodness it shouldn't be THIS difficult. And if this is what I have to look forward to then Fitbit needs to add a new feature that checks and logs blood pressure! 

P.S. I have great WiFi...highest speed through AT&T, I have went through my settings on phone and the Fitbit App to make sure notifications are allowed and nothing is blocked, bluetooth on phone always shows that it is paired to Versa, Versa notifications are turned "ON" on the app and on the watch, I have the most recent updates on both my Fitbit App and my Samsung Note 8 (which is currently the most recent Note series of the phone with the required 4.4 or higher software version so it's not like I have an older version phone with outdatedsoftware), I don't live out in the middle of nowhere where internet/WiFi connectivity is an issue. So I should not be having all these issues with syncing or now this new issue with not receiving call notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue as all of you guys. And it's extremely frustrating for sure. This wasn't cheap 

They need to figure it out asap !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I get calls, snapchat, emails, but no tect messages. 

Thank you!

Heather Cline
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes i just called tech support and spent ten min. On the phone for them to do nothing but tell me to turn off and on my Bluetooth and i am still only one getting calls but no text eaither

😞

Chrissy 

Best Answer
0 Votes