Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not registering all floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa is only catching 1 out of every 5 flights of stairs I climb. I understand the intricacy of detecting such a small elevation change so I suggest you add a + feature that allows a person to be able add a flight of stairs manually in the app -similarly to adding calories.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It's great to welcome you @cjdraper!

Your watch registers a floor when it detects continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Because the Versa looks for continuous motion, pausing too long when going up a flight of stairs can cause the tracker to not count the floor. 

10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights. If the floors you're climbing are shorter than 10 feet, you may find that the Fitbit floor count doesn't exactly match how many floors you've gone up. For example, if you climb 3 floors that are 8 feet tall (for a total gain of 24 feet), then the Fitbit tracker might only tell you 2 floors because it assumes that each floor is 10 feet tall.

Another cause of inaccurate floors is moisture. For example, the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your watch can become clogged temporarily with sweat. About your suggestion, take a look at the Manually log floors request, vote for it and leave your comment. 

I hope this helps, catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer