Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not responding after factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa would not sync with my phone app or pc account, messaged Fitbit customer service who went through all of the troubleshooting again with me (I had already done this) and it still didn't work. Was then advised to do a Factory Reset which I said I would do once I had time as they have you on forever doing this and that...so, I have done a factory reset and now my watch is just showing the Fitbit logo and telling me to install the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and it brings up my usual account but the watch is still showing Fitbit logo. When I go to add a 'new device' to the app it cannot find my watch. I'm losing faith in this watch now and I am not happy at all, I've had it since May and it's been fine up until a few days ago. The message service seems closed now and now I have no watch and a useless app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198

Same thing happened to me. When I contacted Fitbit they said I’m out of warranty but they can send me 35% off to replace. What the **ahem**, the software is what ruined it. It was working fine, charging fine until accidental factory reset! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro,

I've completed these steps numerous times, and am in factory re-set mode. Now, when it asks for the four digit number code on the watch, the numbers flash for a second, I enter them on the watch, and it fails to connect. Power is full. The tracker is being found, but cannot complete the connection process. Please advise what the next steps are.

Best Answer

that's not encouraging. What number did you call?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t call; I contacted the help online.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same has happened to me trying to turn on now hope it works 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after reading all this I hope this helps someone....I had to register on here and let you all know what worked for me.  I know someone else will have this issue at some point.   

I did a factory reset and it would not reconnect, I had to scroll down and connect as just a normal "Versa" watch.  NOT "Versa 2"!!!   

When connecting to your watch, scroll down a little bit  past where it says Versa 2 and you'll see Versa Lite and then just Versa.   USE THAT, DONT USE VERSA 2!!!!!  Use just plain old "Versa" to connect.  You have to scroll down the list of devices to see it.  Connect with just "Versa" and leave it for a few seconds.  Then it will update and everything over WiFi.  Seems to be all good now!

I was messing with this for 2 hours, factory resets, rebooting, etc etc.  I went to Versa after reading someone else did it and it worked first try.  I dont think it was a coincidence.  Again, I saw this worked for someone else and I tried it.  It makes sense also if the watch is so old maybe its on older software when we do a factory reset and there is some weird compatability issue.  Either way give it a try.  I hope it works for you guys.  The watch is great I love it but this issue can get people to throw it right in the garbage and thats not good.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea seems to be the case. I'm glad I got mine working. I did a factory
reset because I was giving my watch to my Mother as a gift as I no longer
needed it. I have gotten a brand new Fitbit Sense for Christmas which is
AMAZING! So glad I got the upgrade the speech to text and being able to
take a quick phone call on the watch is amazing.

But I digress, I got the Versa working now and my mother is using it to
track her heart rate as she needs to with her heart condition so its good
to help monitor that as well as her sleep. Warranty is not an option
either I've had this watch for quite some time.

Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Did you get the problem resolved? If so, How? So frustrated!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone please help???

I have the same problem as disey43 - I read the answers but my Versa 3 is telling me to install the Fitbit App and my Fitbit app is telling me it can find the Versa 3.

I did all the trouble shooting and since the factory reset I can do nothing .... HELP!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are of NO assistance, had my FG watch about 6 months or less.
Attempted everything to correct problems (plus it showed only in another
language). Never able to get a “real person” to assist. So I have a new FB
that’s!!!!!! Not useful. So don’t expect any satisfaction. I did ask for
an exchange, no response to this suggestion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi .

I did mine through my computer as I needed to do the update and it wouldn't do it through the app 

Best Answer

Hey! I have been fighting with my versa 2 since last night. I noticed the watch offers way more than my current version did. My watch has not updated since the day I bought it in 2018!! I did the factory reset and have had no luck getting it to connect again to my phone. I read a review above that said to scroll down and connect as "Versa" instead of "Versa 2" when setting up as new device and it FINALLY worked!!! Super aggravating, I was ready to throw the watch away and find a new company.

Best Answer
Never get a fitbit next time, go for better options like the apple watch,
and many more. NEVER GO FOR A FITBIT.
Best Answer
Can’t message from this
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here I’m to the point where I just want to give up on it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Fitbit is just full of hardware features but no reliability on software. Not worth it really.

Best Answer
I have asked you to NEVER contact me again as I am a VERY UNHAPPY customer
with your service and follow up. As I informed you many times, I have a
Fitbit (less than six months) that I cannot use. Just stop contacting me
Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution was so simple I did huge struggle to find out the cause. I was facing the same issue as all others. The watch was keep restarting after the factory reset and unable to connect to the mobile. I was selecting Versa 2, but the watch was Versa Lite.

Immediately after selecting the correct model of the watch from the Fitbit app, the mobile immediately found the watch nearby and started updating it.

This is a fault of Fitbit that is not able to recognize the model of the watch by itself and asking from the user to select it.

You can follow the suggestion mentioned by me to fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this happened to me and the watch won’t switch on

Best Answer
0 Votes