Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not responding after factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa would not sync with my phone app or pc account, messaged Fitbit customer service who went through all of the troubleshooting again with me (I had already done this) and it still didn't work. Was then advised to do a Factory Reset which I said I would do once I had time as they have you on forever doing this and that...so, I have done a factory reset and now my watch is just showing the Fitbit logo and telling me to install the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and it brings up my usual account but the watch is still showing Fitbit logo. When I go to add a 'new device' to the app it cannot find my watch. I'm losing faith in this watch now and I am not happy at all, I've had it since May and it's been fine up until a few days ago. The message service seems closed now and now I have no watch and a useless app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198

This did work for me.

I had to go into the Fitbit app and set up the device again it should delete the current device and then it worked fine hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
That does not work either...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got an Apple Watch. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I'm not a big Apple fan. I switched from a apple to Google pixel.
Best Answer
Well good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the lite. There is one button. Also I read about have it on charger and press button. How do I do that when it is on  the charger.

Best Answer
You can't
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitibt versa doesn't switch on anymore after factory reset.  I pressed all the three buttons for as long as possible, more than 5 minutes and still got no response from my fitbit watch.  

Whats going on?

Best Answer

Steps 1,2,3 do not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We're in the same boat. Had them replace our first one due to the stupid screen jittering, now the replacement they sent us is DEAD. They won't help anymore. What junk!

Best Answer

I'm exactly the same here I've been sent a replacement and it's still the same. Absolute disgusted I am I've only had it since june

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa was not responding after several attempts to do the factory reset. The screen is still black. I have tried to charge it but it did not take. Has it just died? Are there any other ways to fix it? Please advise.

Thank you.

Best Answer
It has died. Bury it and buy a different brand
Best Answer

Hi there I feel your pain mine was diabolical trying to update the new software I eventually put it through my lap top and everything started to work again this took over a week of messing around 

Best Answer
Thanks for your response!
How sad!!! Life was too short ... it could not make to even 18 months 🤪

Best regards,
Sili
Best Answer
Mine didn't last a year
Best Answer

I've just gotten a new Versa from you since the first one just stopped working. This new one would not work properly, so I did a factory reset. And now it refuses to start again. 

I tried holding all 3 buttons, left and bottom right, just left. But nothing happens

What ideas do you have?

Thanks for reply 

Best Answer

Mine is a versa lite. Probably 6 months old. Doing the exact same thing!!  I’ve factory reset, turned off Bluetooth, reloaded app, turned phone off. So very frustrating. All it keeps telling me is to load app!!!!  I’ve done this for two days now. Nothing works. Please help. It’s ridiculous. 

Best Answer

I have tried for several days. Help very frustrating.

Best Answer

I put mine through the laptop and it updated in a very short time. I feel your pain 

Best Answer
0 Votes