Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not responding after factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa would not sync with my phone app or pc account, messaged Fitbit customer service who went through all of the troubleshooting again with me (I had already done this) and it still didn't work. Was then advised to do a Factory Reset which I said I would do once I had time as they have you on forever doing this and that...so, I have done a factory reset and now my watch is just showing the Fitbit logo and telling me to install the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and it brings up my usual account but the watch is still showing Fitbit logo. When I go to add a 'new device' to the app it cannot find my watch. I'm losing faith in this watch now and I am not happy at all, I've had it since May and it's been fine up until a few days ago. The message service seems closed now and now I have no watch and a useless app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198
I had the same frustration. I finally buried it and bought a different
brand.

*Best regards,sheila t.*
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. 

Especially since this was a replacement that I got from fitbit since the first one stopped working. Though that one lastet almost a year without trouble. Only trouble here wad that it didn't work with my mobile. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am facing the same issue my Fitbit Versa was working well but not connecting to my phone so I performed a Factory Reset via settings now my Versa is not turning on at all tried the 3 button reset as well 

Any help would be appreciated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NathanD2 What happens when you put your versa in the charging dock?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it is a black screen the product is done. If by change you get an
replacement then that won't last long either. I haven't even had mine a
year.

The good reviews just take them with a grain of salt. Buy a different
brand. Elitefitness is affordable.

You just lost out a lot of money. Fitbit does not care about their
products.
Best Answer

When I put it in the charging dock there's no change at all

Best Answer
Because the item is done.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NathanD2 If after an hour of charging, there's no sign of life, you may indeed need a replacement. Please reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it has not charged by now it is not going too. You might get an
replacement, but it will not last for long either. Listen to the
customers....Fitbit is not a reliable company anymore. They may or may not
guide you through the steps as it says. Fitbit is making an product that
is no longer reliable. Many people have had issues and the same ones. It
does not get better. My band is breaking and I am not going to waste my
time contacting them for a new one.

The replacement doesn't always work. The heartbeat doesn't always work and
it stopped syncing the app.
Best Answer
It was not charged at all. Screen was blacked.

Best regards,
Sheila
Best Answer
Thank you very much for your advice. I have given up already and gone to
different brand.

Best regards,
Sili
Best Answer
0 Votes

What are the steps to update the new software on a laptop/computer? Please and thank you!

I've tried everything I can think of and no luck. I would like to try it on a laptop/computer as a last resort but I would like to get the steps first. Please.

Best Answer

How??? Please

Best Answer

How do I perform an update to the firmware using a computer/laptop???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I just put my usb lead into the laptop and the Fitbit and it updated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me lately, a month after I got my Versa 2 I started having issues and now it's been two months and I couldn't even use the touchscreen the last couple of weeks w/o having to restart it for it thi only work 5 minutes and do the same thing again. Well I ended up resetting it to the factory settings and I followed the directions of the reply to your comment and now it's working perfectly fine again! I hope you were able to figure it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck..once it goes once it'll do it again so don't get too happy
Best Answer

Nevermind.....it started doing it again😠 This is garbage, I can't use my touch screen again. I feel like i wasted $200 that i could've used for something else. I used to have the Fitbit Alta HR and I had it for two years before it went out then I got the Versa to started having problems with it within a month I would not recommend anyone to get this brand. And I will probably never use them again.

Best Answer

Get onto Fitbit chat and tell them you want a replacement it's absolutely disgusting all these people and myself struggling with these fitbits .good luck I know how frustrating it is

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you end up doing then?

Best Answer
0 Votes