Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not showing sleep logs and says it's not connected to Bluetooth.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received the Versa on Saturday. Started using it Saturday night and here it is Wednesday and it still does not show ANY sleep activity even after restarting the Versa and the app and whatever else I could think of. Also it  sporadically tells me it’s not connected to my Bluetooth. I should just go back to the Blaze that I never had an issue with. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Ffbrahm, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you've already restarted your Versa. Tell me, is the app not showing you sleep logs recorded by the Versa or is not showing you Sleep Stages? If you are not getting any sleep log at all, please take a screenshot of what you're able to see in this screen and reply to me with it. In case you see a sleep graph but it's not showing you Sleep Stages, please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

Now, about th eBluetooth notifications you're receiving, it will be very helpful for me to get a screenshot of the notification you're receiving so I can check this further and determine which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Thanks Nichole B.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn on both keep alive functions in the app. The connection and the notification tray. I did not have to do this with the Charge 2, but do have to do it with the Versa to get a proper sleep log. Turn both on in the app, reboot the phone, reboot the Versa (hold all three buttons down for a few seconds). This fixed it for me.

@Ffbrahm wrote:

I just received the Versa on Saturday. Started using it Saturday night and here it is Wednesday and it still does not show ANY sleep activity even after restarting the Versa and the app and whatever else I could think of. Also it  sporadically tells me it’s not connected to my Bluetooth. I should just go back to the Blaze that I never had an issue with. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine only showed 1 hr 45 min last night, my first night after receiving the Versa. Not sure if I was restless because, well, I was asleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello @Ffbrahm, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. @MasterHigg, it's nice to see you around, @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@Ffbrahm, you're very welcome, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

@MasterHigg, I appreciate your insight, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

@SunsetRunner, have you tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier? Have you restarted your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? If so, please let me know which insight are you getting in the app after syncing your watch in the morning so I can check this further. A screenshot will be helpful as well. 

I hope this can be helpful, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve reset the Versa and reinstalled the app and Versa in the app. I also restarted my phone and it still doesn’t show ANY sleep.

Thanks Nichole B.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @Ffbrahm, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you've already restarted your Versa. Tell me, is the app not showing you sleep logs recorded by the Versa or is not showing you Sleep Stages? If you are not getting any sleep log at all, please take a screenshot of what you're able to see in this screen and reply to me with it. In case you see a sleep graph but it's not showing you Sleep Stages, please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

Now, about th eBluetooth notifications you're receiving, it will be very helpful for me to get a screenshot of the notification you're receiving so I can check this further and determine which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

@MarcoGFitbit first night I got the expected graph, subsequent nights I get sleep totals only graph.  I know my HR is being monitored throughout the night because looking at the resting HR graph shows consistent readings throughout the night with no breaks in the graph (I do have one night with breaks in the HR graph and still received the graph with sleep totals only)

Any ideas @MarcoGFitbit

IMG_1976.PNGIMG_1975.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep log sporadically quits working.

Best Answer
0 Votes