Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not tracking heart rate and floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa is not monitoring my heart rate or tracking the stairs. I have turned off and back on...what else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@wrightk Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your Versa isn't tracking your heart rate and floors. Thank you for trying some troubleshoots to help resolve this. I suggest you restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Clean the Versa's back with cotton and rubbing alcohol. After this turn off the heart rate on your Versa, sync it with your phone or computer, change it back to on and sync it again. Regarding the floors (the restart should help for both issues remove the wristband and you will see a small opening, this is part of the altimeter. Clean this with cotton and rubbing alcohol (not too much alcohol, just to clean the surface) and use compressed air at a few inches distance so you can unblock it from any dirt or humidity.

Let me know how it goes!
Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thsnks for the directions. I am disappointed with the Versa and while I can, returning it today. I am not spending $200.00 for something that is riddled with issues and works occassionally. I thankfully kept my Alta HR that works much better and will use it.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@wrightk sorry to hear that you are returning your Versa but thank you for giving it a chance in the first place. Still I hope you continue enjoying your Alta HR and that you keep reaching your fitness goals.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

NO.  Turning it off and back on does not fix the Hear Rate Monitor nor counting of the stairs.  I believe it is broken and Fitbit is not going to help repair it.

Best Answer

@wrightk sorry for the delay in my response. Your reply sounds as if you kept your Versa. If this is the case then the best thing to do is letting our Support team know about the issue as the troubleshoots haven't worked. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so I wanted to know if they were able to help you?

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes