Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not tracking heart rate nor sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa for 6 months. Suddenly on Tuesday it is no longer tracking my heart rate, the green light is not even on. Also it has stopped tracking my sleep. It still tracks my steps and syncs with my phone. Very frustrating that these are so expensive but not lasting. Cant get anyone on live chat or through the service number right now. Can I return this? Also I live in maine and there is an implied warranty here.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LindzB Versa has stopped tracking your sleep because it is unable to record your HR. Have you tried rebooting your Versa several times by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes? Also, try toggling ON/OFF HR monitor (go to Settings on your Versa and scroll down to Heart Rate). If this does not help try restoring Versa to factory defaults. This will wipe the data from your tracker so sync it first. Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa from your Fitbit mobile app and from your phone's Bluetooth settings. To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a new device in your Fitbit mobile app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

@LindzB Versa has stopped tracking your sleep because it is unable to record your HR. Have you tried rebooting your Versa several times by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes? Also, try toggling ON/OFF HR monitor (go to Settings on your Versa and scroll down to Heart Rate). If this does not help try restoring Versa to factory defaults. This will wipe the data from your tracker so sync it first. Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa from your Fitbit mobile app and from your phone's Bluetooth settings. To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a new device in your Fitbit mobile app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@LindzB Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa has not tracked your heart rate and sleep lately. However, I want to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Versa tracks your stats properly after following the great and helpful troubleshooting steps that shared @Marrrmaduke previously.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
It does work after rebooting it a couple times. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@LindzB I'm glad! Enjoy your tracker! 😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
So it still did not track my sleep... it said it was unable to get a consistent hear rate.
Best Answer

@LindzB at this point, I would recommend performing a factory reset as described in my first post here. It's a hassle but no way around it. Also make sure your trackers battery is not critically low or that you're not wearing it too loose. These two things can be a cause of disruptions in HR recordings.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@LindzB I'm sorry to hear that your sleep is still being unable to be tracked. Did the factory reset that recommended @Marrrmaduke work? As an aside note, make sure that you are not wearing your tracker too tight.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having the same issue.  my versa has stopped tracking my heart rate as well.  i have tried rebooting and resetting to factory settings but it's still not working.  any other suggestions?

Best Answer

@Drayah If you performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread and you made sure you're not wearing the tracker too tight or that the battery is not critically low, then at this point I would recommend contacting Customer Support. Sorry we couldn't help.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
It all stared after I charged it last. I have rebooted it and have it charging now. Will give it another go tomorrow. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Drayah Thank you for joining this thread! Thank you also for trying all the recommended troubleshooting steps before contacting our forums. Since your Versa is still unable to track your heart rate, let me go ahead and send your case to our Support team and the'll be happy to follow up. You'll receive an email from them soon.

@LindzB Thank you for taking the time to monitor your Versa during this day. Don't hesitate to get back if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for your help @Marrrmaduke

Catch you later guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

That worked for me!  Thanks much!  

Specifically, after working for months, my heart rate monitor stopped working.  I understood (assumed) this is why it was no longer recording sleep.  I did not know how to reset it.  Tried cleaning, ..., but the reboot via holding the left and bottom-right buttons did the reboot and immediately showed heart rate.  

Thanks again.  

Best Answer

@Bob142 I'm glad! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Bob142 As my friend @Marrrmaduke, I'm also glad to hear that your Versa is tracking your heart rate properly again. Thank you for letting us know.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I am having the same issue; along with the fact that my heart rate and sleep have not tracked for the past several months, my Versa sometimes does not track my steps unless I restart it. Although the restart fixes the step-tracking, it doesn't fix the HR and sleep tracking. I tried all the recommendations here, including multiple reboots, factory reset, and reinstalling the fitbit app and performing device setup. Nothing works.

Best Answer

@Mandy_Makowsky Thank you for joining us in this thread! Regarding the steps, heart rate and sleep tracking issues that your Versa is experiencing, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution since the issue persists after trying all the recommended troubleshooting steps.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Just curious, does syncing before you do a factory reset, save your data somewhere you can download it back after re-installing? 

Best Answer

@Alice17 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! Regarding your question, when you sync your Fitbit before a factory reset, the data is recorded on your Dashboard. The data will be only erased from the Fitbit itself.

Let me know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same has happened to me ;( 

it will not track my heart rate, green lights stopped blinking. It’s also outside of warranty of course! 

Best Answer