Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not tracking heart rate nor sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa for 6 months. Suddenly on Tuesday it is no longer tracking my heart rate, the green light is not even on. Also it has stopped tracking my sleep. It still tracks my steps and syncs with my phone. Very frustrating that these are so expensive but not lasting. Cant get anyone on live chat or through the service number right now. Can I return this? Also I live in maine and there is an implied warranty here.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

My Versa just stopped tracking HR as well as sleep. Restarted as well as reset factory settings. It is still not working. Enabled live chat and followed instructions. No avail. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think there is help.. they told me to buy another one 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same for me. They sent me a discount code but it was only for select
models/colors. As you might imagine - The inventory they couldn’t move. I
bought the lower Versa model and when this breaks I’ll buy an Apple Watch.
My husband has and loves his...and they stand behind their products.
--
Sheila
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got hold of customer service and he restarted it differently then I had and a few other techniques, it did not fix mine but did fix my husbands, he looked mine up and is out of warranty and giving me a 25% discount on Fitbit and 40% of any thing else on the site

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having issues with my Fitbit Versa Lite not tracking my heart rate. I was having issues with the battery not keeping for longer than an hour. I performed a factory reset, and updated the watch, and now it is not tracking my heart rate. I did not have issues with the heart tracking function before the factory reset. I have a Fitbit Versa Lite, so I only have one button on the left hand side. There are no other buttons on the watch. I have reset (turned off and on again) the watch 3 times this morning and it is still not working.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue. My versa started dying after about 4 hours of use on a full charge. I went through all the troubleshooting suggestions and after about a week of trying different things, I finally got it to last a few days again. Then came the update, I went ahead and ran the update on mine, and ever since then, it won't track my heart rate. very disappointing as I rely heavily on my heart rate to guide my runs. of course with the heart rate not tracking, I have also lost the sleep tracking function, also something I rely on the ensure adequate sleep as I work 12 hour shifts. I have tried everything suggested to get it to work, rebooting multiple times, factory reset, nothing works. I just got this for christmas and already lost half the function of it. simply unacceptable for how much these cost.

Best Answer

Hello JuanJoFitbit. I have read this thread and tried all of the suggestions in here and my Fitbit is still not working. As I have been having issues tracking heart rate and sleep. I also tried to contact customer support and they basically told me my warranty was over 240 days ago so I should just buy a new one with 25% off they are sending me. Would you be able to assist me in any other way? I don’t see how spending another 200 dollars on a fit bit would be the only thing to fix this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, this is what has happened to many of us.  We make the investment into this watch and then Fitbit doesn’t stand behind their product.  It is sad.  I had the exact same  issue and outcome with the company.  I ended up purchasing the “light” version with their 25% off coupon.  That coupon doesn’t even offer you 25%off everything...it is only on certain models. The whole thing stinks and has completely changed my view of fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of last Wednesday my fit bit Versa stopped showing my bmp and recording my sleep. I have done all things. Reboot, delete app and reinstall, bmp on and off on watch. Watch not to tight on wrist. Watch on/off. Not happy😏

Best Answer
0 Votes

My stopped as well. No chat help, no password reset. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! All they offered me was a 25% coupon as well. I now own a Samsung Active 2. I simply cannot continue to give my money to a company who will not stand behind their products. As much as this tracker costs, this intervention is simply unacceptable!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here, and will buy another fit bit Versa. Will go to apple

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the factory reset, turned it off and on multiple times. The green light turned off and never came back on. It's ridiculous at how much we spend on these devices and they only work for a year. I also contacted customer support via chat and did all the troubleshooting. Now their phone system is down. I will be purchasing a Fitbit versa 2 today.. from Costco where their return policy is better than the actual company. Sad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s a good idea! I ended up purchasing a a Lite Version because I just
couldn’t spend that much money again. I am looking at getting an Apple
Watch though. I’ve enjoyed the fitbit challenges with friends but even
the lite doesn’t work great. Takes forever to sinc with my phone. Seems
like fitbit might be on the decline.
--
Sheila
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa 2. My overnight heart rate is still not being shown on most nights. This problem started a few weeks ago only. It’s intermittent. Before that, I had no problem, ever. My sleeping positions are consistent so I cannot accept any explanation that it’s to do with inability of the gadget to read my HR. The green light works and the battery is not low. Also, I have soft reset regularly but I do not want to factory reset and lose my historical data. It seems that the problem that I and others are experiencing has not been/cannot be solved? Help please.

Best Answer

I am having this same issue also.  After 6 months of working great, it stopped tracking heart rate and sleep.  After reading  these posts, I tried restarts several times. The heart rate counter worked for one day then stopped again. I did the factory restart and reloaded my settings, performed the upgrade, now it keeps restarting on it's own. I also noticed that the green light is never on anymore and the red light on the bad is always on, even when it is turned off. I turned it off overnight to see if I could get it to stop resetting every couple of minutes.The restarting every few minutes ran the battery down extremely fast.

I am getting very frustrated with this Fitbit Versa 2.  I really loved all the options on this, but I really wish it would work properly again.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's very frustrating, to say the least. I was finally able to talk to
someone at fitbit, through my health insurance website, because it was
impossible through the fitbit site. They sent me a 25% off coupon code that
was only good for 30 days. Needless to say, I didn't get to use it. I now
own a Samsung Active and I love it! Sadly Fitbit doesn't care about keeping
their loyal customers, so I don't care to continue giving them my money for
defective products.
Best Answer

I'm having this issue now.  I just factory reset watch.  Still no green light. 

Best Answer

For me on my iphone7, I went to my apps list in the App Store to be sure my phone app was updated and it didn’t say it needed updated. However, when I searched for the Fitbit app, rather then having the option to open the list from the search results, it had a “button” that said update! I updated the FitBit iPhone App and suddenly all the glitchy stuff going on with my sleep score stopped and it’s been working perfectly since! I don’t know why when I went in my phone and accessed my list of apps from the App Store it didn’t have an update “button” from my list of current apps, yet searching for the app in the search bar gave me the option to update the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the input! I actually bought myself an Apple Watch and live
it so much better! Everything works!--
Sheila
Best Answer
0 Votes