Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not working after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa started to not sync, then was not keeping the correct time. I tried resetting it using the two button way. No help. After 3 days of trying, I did a factory reset. Now versa will not turn back on. I also tried to hold down all the buttons for over 3 minutes several times. No luck. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Vanab1!

Thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot the issues you're experiencing with your Fitbit Versa. I recommend confirming the troubleshooting steps including a restart from this help article

If the issue persists, please confirm the steps you took to do a factory reset. Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. In order to do the factory reset, please do the following:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Once the Fitbit.com/setup screen appears, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the watch from the list. Then, please set up the watch back to your account with the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device? Be sure to keep your app up-to-date. In order to update your app you can follow the steps provided here.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no fitbit logo on the screen. The screen stays black. I have tried holding the buttons down already. Screen stays blank.

Best Answer

Hi @Vanab1, thank you for your reply and sharing additional details. 

I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue. This is the second Versa in the last month that has done the same thing. It has to be a bug of some kind in the OS, because this problem is referenced frequently.

Best Answer

I mean the second that has done this to me in the past month.

Best Answer
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @DonRWhite. It's nice to see you around @Vanab1.

@DonRWhite thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your second Fitbit Versa. I could see that you got in touch with our Support team about this and that they were able to help you. I really appreciate your efforts and your time. 

@Vanab1 I will be glad to assist you with any questions or concerns you might have. 

I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Jem from the Support team was very helpful. Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi @DonRWhite, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the late response. 

I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with Customer Support. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback as it's really important to us. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Enjoy the Fitbit experience. Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received the versa as a gift, and i did the factory reset on it just to be sure it was cleared. after having it on the charger all night long (10+ hours) it still will not turn on. i've read all the posts on how to fix the problem and nothing. please let me know what to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @amcherm98.

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Versa which you received as a gift. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Vana,

I'm still experiencing the same problems as you. Did you manage to get yours working again?

Best Answer

Hi, could you help me out with getting your support team to contact me regarding the same Versa turning on issues as the rest of the complaints? I've tried all of the suggestions and nothing is working so would relly appreciate your help with this.

Thanks 

Best Answer
No, I did not. My Fitbit was out of warranty by 3 weeks. FITBIT customer service only offered me a 25% discount  to purchase another. FITBIT wouldn't  even  offer  to fix or replace it. There is obviously a problem with the Versa. Too many people with the same issue. I bought a SAMSUNG GALAXY  WATCH instead.  So, my $200 Fitbit is basically  trash. 
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Is-Bob-there. Thank you for your reply, @Vanab1

@Is-Bob-there thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@Vanab1 thank you for the update. I am sure our Support team tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and the troubleshooting and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a FR on my device roughly 2 months ago, since then I’ve gotten only a black screen. I’ve read all the below and still nothing.  This is my second device because my first one capped out on me as well. I thought if I upgraded I’d eliminate issues.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Frustrating2.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I am sorry that your watch is showing a black screen. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat, my Fitbit Versa gave up on me ( may 2019), but luckily I had paid for an extended warranty. So they send me a new or probably refurbished one and guess what? 4 months later this one Started to act up and not connect to my phone’s Bluetooth. So I followed all the steps and blogs but had to result to factory reset. Now the Fitbit Versa still can’t connect to my IPhone XR. I am very disappointed since I run two weekly groups at my hospital to keep my co workers fit. I even convinced some of them, despite my first Versa having problems to buy a Fitbit so they can participate on the weekly challenges. I am very very disappointed and feel stupid to even recommend this tracker. 

Best Answer
I’m very satisfied with my results. This crazy thing won’t turn on and they are sending me a replacement. No complaints here. As long as a manufacture stand behind their product in good. In fact I purchased my husband one last month for good birthday and he loves it.

Tina
Best Answer
0 Votes