Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not working after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa started to not sync, then was not keeping the correct time. I tried resetting it using the two button way. No help. After 3 days of trying, I did a factory reset. Now versa will not turn back on. I also tried to hold down all the buttons for over 3 minutes several times. No luck. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

So I've been having a ton of issues with my fitbit, not syncing, battery dying way to fast. So I finally did a factory reset (where you go under the about and hit factory reset), except it didn't work. After the factory reset I got a red X in a circle & under that it read "Data not cleared sync & try again".

Problem is I can't sync it again, I can't seem to do anything now. I also tried, many times, to do the factory reset where you hold all 3 buttons down & then let the bottom right button go once the logo appears. That doesn't work either.

Now I'm sitting here with a $150 watch that does nothing except display a red X in a circle & a message that says "data not cleared sync & try again" How can I fix this issue. Cause if I can't I'm I'm getting a tracker that actually works right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forget it, based off what I've read the fitbit team can't do anything to help. There is clearly a bug in the IOS that was never addressed. I'll never buy fitbit again. 

Best Answer
I Have the same problem. I can't turn on my smart watch - FitBit Versa.  

Best Answer

I have tried everything, also tried hold all 3 buttons for 20 seconds. But Fitbit is not starting, and not showing any logo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi that is the same thing fitbit customer service did with me they gave me a 25% discount on another fitbit but I will not be buying another one. If they are having that many customer call and complain about the same problem they should be replacing our fitbit versa or giving everyone a refund,I have had my fitbit 15 months and never abused it or gotten it wet it is still in perfect condition but useless now to me im very upset about my fitbit versa.

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue. Time was not being kept. Tried syncing it, didn’t work. Tried updating it, time still didn’t work. Did a factory reset and now the screen is just black. Tried the all three button Method and still nothing. Please advise

Best Answer

Looks like with the new update to the Fitbit versa if you try to do a factory reset on it it will brick it or 'cuase major issues. Also it seems if you let it drain the batter all of the way down or turn it off it will be difficult to start it up again. Luckily I was able to press all 3 buttons to get it up and running. 25% won't do anything for anyone, either replace it or sell the Lite or Versa 2 for $50.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues with them 😭 I am so upset I bought it for 300 1 year and 4 months ago I am so upset about their offer !!! We can accept this as a solution 

Best Answer
I’m sorry so let me make sure I’m understanding you correctly; I’m supposed to just sell the $150 watch I bought in September for $25?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I AM EXPERIENCING THIS EXACT FEELING I HAVE RECOMMENDED and advertised fit bit and now I feel so stupid for doing so, I called customer service and they were horrible to me ! 

Best Answer

I agree what the hell they need to do right by us we keep them in business ! Have the reached out to you ? 

Best Answer
They have not. I reached out to them. Said it’ll take 2 business days. I guess we’ll see.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is also completely dead. 3-button method does nothing. 2-button method does nothing. Screen is black and that is it. Please help. I am heart broken as my Versa means a lot to me.

Best Answer
Contact the support team. They have been emailing me and were very quick to reply and they have also been very helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

For Spencerich92: Not for you to sell at $25, it's for Fitbit to have a better resolution than just providing 25% off a new Versa. It is their fault that the new update has caused problems, so they either provide a replacement or if they expect us to move to the new version than sell the new version to us at a more reasonable price ex: $25-$50.

Best Answer
I totally agree with you
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am lost right now without my watch that was an item i used everyday
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not yet I haven't heard anything from them
Best Answer
0 Votes
I paid the same amount for my fitbit versa and very upset about it
Best Answer