Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa often disconnects from Samsung S7 during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my Fitbit Versa and all its functions and data tracking. Unfortunately, I've had a persistent problem with the connected GPS on my Samsung S7 during exercise. When I set out on a bike ride or walk, I first wait for the Versa to say that it is connected before hitting Go. However, it often loses the connection without any warning or signal, and I lose part of the route, miles, time, and other exercise data. I find that I have to check it about every 30 or so seconds to make sure it's still connected and recording, but at least three or four times during a ride or walk it shows it's trying to connect, and I have to stop riding or walking to wait for it to reconnect. It's very disruptive of my exercise to have to worry constantly about maintaining the connection and having to stop to wait for it to reconnect.

I don't want to have to resort to any complicated ritual of uninstalling apps, restarting the watch, disconnecting and reconnecting Bluetooth, or any of the other suggested solutions. If the phone is in close proximity to the Fitbit Versa, the connection should remain intact and the whole process of starting an exercise routine should be seamless. Clearly, a firmware or software upgrade is urgently needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@mbigio please see this thread for potential solution.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes