Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa or Fitbit Android app heart rate. Which is more accurate?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa and Fitbit Android app consistently register different heart rates.  Typically they're about 20 to 25 beats off from each other (e.g., Versa 75bpm and app at 100bpm).  So, which one am I to rely on?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@kamaboko1 You mean when Versa is connected and you see live heart rate stats in the Fitbit mobile app? If you swipe up on the main screen of your Versa and open Today app, you should be able to see heart rate there. Is there a difference as well. I'm asking because both clockfaces (especially 3rd party) and Fitbit mobile app (due to Bluetooth connection) can have some delay. Which clockface are you using on your Versa?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm using the stock clock face on the Versa.  I have my phone propped up on a treadmill so I can see my heart rate in real time using the Fitbit app.  When I check it against my watch though, they are completely different.  And not for just seconds at a time.  I mean they'll be different for 10 to 12 minutes.  I can take the watch off, wipe the sensor, and put it back on my wrist but no change.  I've reset the watch several times.  Reinstalled the Fitbit software a couple of times, too.  They just rarely sync on heart rate. As mentioned earlier, the differences in heart rate readings can be quite different. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kamaboko1 Such delay is extremely... weird. I think if I were you, I would start a workout on my Versa manually and rely on what's shown on the Versa's display. 

ETA: Just out of curiosity, which phone are you using? 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a Moto Z Play with Android 8.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kamaboko1 Thanks. I'm not really sure why such delay, but I would definitely go with the HR shown on Versa.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes