Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa recording steps and calories burned inaccurately.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My Fitbit Versa is incorrectly tracking my steps and calories burned.

I woke up this morning having lost 524 calories just sleeping and walked 953 steps to the bathroom.

Please can any one give advice or suggestions. My personal details are loaded correctly.

This is day 2 with the watch.

Thanks in advance

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

Yes, calories are burned during sleep and BMR.  My versa 2 shows 1760 calories burned when I got up in the morning (9am). Now it shows 4893 calories burned, How can I burn more than 3000 calorie in 3 hours?  Yesterday I stayed at home all day doing nothing and versa 2 shows I burned almost 5000 calories. Something is not right.  Till last week it worked fine but starting this week it gives false data.  What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps seem to be recorded appropriately but when I get on the spin bike after 40 minutes of exercise I only burn 20 cal - totally inaccurate 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am having inaccuracies regarding the calories too. In fact, i havent worn my fitbit for a few weeks. And it has recorded burnt calories as 1,315. 

Which now makes me think whether this is the minimum it automatically does- How can I change it to be actually accurate? 

I feel now I have burnt a lot less in a day when wesring it as I take away the 1315 cal as I believe it adds it on automatically.

Plese help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do a google search for “calculating my BMR” and see if it is close to 1,315
calories. If it is then your Fitbit is using your preset data of age
height weight and activity level to “estimate” your daily calories burned.
It will do this regardless of you wearing it or not because you more than
likely have an app on your phone and the Fitbit is syncing to the app often
throughout the day. The Fitbit will estimate through your app regardless
of the actual device being worn or not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes