Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa run ends after 0.5mi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi fitbit & community,

When I start a run through the exercise app, my fitbit often automatically stops the exercise exactly at the first half mile.  (My "laps" are set to 0.5mi.) I restart exercise/run and it seems to work fine after that, but for the past few days my runs are all broken up into the first half mile and then the rest.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Amanda

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Ajgrue It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with the issue that you are experiencing when trying to track your exercise through the Fitbit app.

In case the issue happens again, please make sure that your phone has the most recent app version installed. If the app is up to date, log out of the app, restart your phone, open the app and log in.

After this, monitor the exercise tracking feature and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a similar issue. My fitbit versa just vibrated during a run on the treadmill. i looked down to see why it vibrated and it was on the home screen.. only .2 miles went by. No workout recorded. extremely disappointing and frustrating. Brand new device and been having nothing but issues with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

It's up to date. I restarted my versa.

Today it happened again after 0.5, 1.0 (didn't even record this one as a run), and 2.5 miles. Getting very annoyed by this. It also didn't push my full run to Strava because of this.

Amanda

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit  This is STILL happening to me, almost every run. It's making me very upset because I've been losing out on longing my long runs in one solid go, and missing mileage when I don't notice it stopped.

I'm considering switching to Garmin with all the problems I've had with my Versa (the band is literally held together right now with a hair tie...). This needs to be resolved.

Best Answer