Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa's Silent Alarms not working consistently

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Versa just over two weeks and in that two weeks, it has failed to alarm twice. This morning it alarmed at a time I didn't have set for it to alarm. This is my only major complaint. Anyone else having the same issue? I have set both of these alarms local on the device and not via an app or anything. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@aroyrichardson @Accupulse @Sim877654 @picaroo Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! I suggest you restart your Versa to see if this helps resolve the issue. Please try the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Also try removing all the alarms, restart your Versa and set the alarms again. One last thing to do is Factory Reset your Versa by going to settings > about and set the alarms again (note that you will need to setup your Versa again with this process).

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
41 REPLIES 41

Im having the same issue.  I have an alarm set for 6:20am and some help mornings it works ans some morn6it doesn't. 

Best Answer

Same problem here. Very inconsistent, sometimes it goes off at the correct time, sometimes at a random time and sometimes not at all!

Best Answer

same here not good ...

Best Answer

@aroyrichardson @Accupulse @Sim877654 @picaroo Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! I suggest you restart your Versa to see if this helps resolve the issue. Please try the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Also try removing all the alarms, restart your Versa and set the alarms again. One last thing to do is Factory Reset your Versa by going to settings > about and set the alarms again (note that you will need to setup your Versa again with this process).

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please clarify what "the button" is?   Thanks.

Best Answer

I’ve had this issue as well, restart didn’t fix, deleting all alarms and re creating worked for a week or so but today all alarms haven’t worked again. Very frustrating when you wake up an hour after u where meant to be awake!! 

Best Answer
I had added a credit card to mine to use the NFC feature. It kept wanting
me to sign in qith a pin every hour or so. There is a setting that says
only prompt for pin when the NFC is open. I chose this and the alarm seems
to be working better now. Maybe the issue is due in part to this security.
Maybe it cant open the alarm without the security put in. ??
Best Answer

I tried resetting and everything and tested out the alarm! It only vibrates about 3 times then stopped 😞 no way is this gonna make me wake up! I had no issues with my charge 2! Is there any way to make the alarm vibrate for longer? I’ve already put it on strong

Best Answer

We really need a way to extend the alarm duration. My Pebble watch alarm was way better than this one.

Best Answer

@rdunbaredge @Usernameme @Annamei @MWKrieger Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! 

@rdunbaredge sorry about the mishap I have corrected the instructions so you can restart your Versa.

@Usernameme sorry to hear that this didn't work for long. You could try Factory resetting your Versa (go to settings > about > Factory Reset) and setup your Versa again after that.

@Accupulse not sure how the security pin could affect your alarms but thank you for sharing this tip with all of us.

@Annamei @MWKrieger currently this is the way it works but you can vote for the idea of improving the alarm in our Feature suggestions board. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

after updating the device to 32.32.10.15 I've not had a problem with the alarm not going off when it should 😄

Best Answer

@Sim877654 thank you for that update. It does help to know that with the latest firmware your Versa is working as it should. Hopefully this will help other members in the same situation!

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The suggested "fix" does not work. It is really disappointing to not be able to rely on an alarm after spending hundreds of dollars on the device. 

Best Answer

I have now had the Versa alarm fail on me three times. I missed my cycle class at the gym this morning BECAUSE of my Fitbit which seems a little ironic!! I have the limited edition version which set me back $400. I don't expect it to be failing on a simple feature like an alarm. My Charge 2 never let me down once.

Because I've had trouble with this before, last night when I set it I went out of the alarm area and back in to check it was set up correctly. Checked and double checked.

Then, this morning, about 15mins AFTER my alarm was supposed to go off, I woke up when the watch slightly vibrated - it was prompting me for my passcode. I had been wearing the watch all night so I don't know why it was asking for the passcode. But it certainly didn't fire the alarm.

I don't think it's acceptable to have to reset the watch continually just in case my morning alarm doesn't go off. This needs fixing. Also I am now going to have to pay for the class at the gym that I didn't even get to attend, and I'm missed my window to exercise for the day.

Best Answer

This happens to me all the time too. Now I set my watch alarm and my phone alarm for 5 min later in case the watch doesn’t work. If it can’t read ur pulse in the night and resets the passcode,  no alarm. If I have a shower at nigh and forget to renter the passcode when I put the watch on, no alarm.

I bought this watch because of silent alarms. I don’t want to wake up family with the loud phone alarm! I agree, it’s not good enough. 

Best Answer

I did factory reset still not working correctly, I shouldn’t have to set it up over and over to have the alarm work. It’s inconvenient to have to re download apps etc 

Best Answer

Yeah, that doesn’t work.   I even wiped the device and setup again.   Still no alarms.  It’s obvioulsy a bug in the software.   Update needed.  

Best Answer
It’s not good enough. I missed another morning gym class because of it today.
Best Answer

Is this planned to get a permanent fix applied? I have had the Versa for 4 weeks, twice the alarm has failed.

Best Answer