Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa's Silent Alarms not working consistently

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Versa just over two weeks and in that two weeks, it has failed to alarm twice. This morning it alarmed at a time I didn't have set for it to alarm. This is my only major complaint. Anyone else having the same issue? I have set both of these alarms local on the device and not via an app or anything. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41
Hi there – I actually took my Versa back to the retailer for a full refund.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This 'solution' hasn't worked for my Versa. It has intermittently missed alarms for the last month, ever since purchasing my Versa. I have tried every fix mentioned here, and still suffering inconsistent alarms 😞

Best Answer

I have to set a new alarm every night for the following morning in order for the alarm to work- and then at times that procedure doesn't work.

Best Answer

Ha, I thought I just slept through my alarm but I definitely had it fail this afternoon (alarm set for 4pm, no alarm happened) and I came here!

Seems like there's a problem that needs addressing...

Best Answer

This is NOT a solved problem.  I have been having intermittent issues with the alarm NOT going off for several weeks.  I have tried all the solutions mentioned.  It’ll work one or two days, then it won’t.  Should not have to reset the Fitbit or delete/add alarm, or reset to factory specs every two-three days to make the alarm work.  I was counting on the Fitbit alarm to let me know when it was time to take a particular medication.  I have a reminder on my iPhone, but it’s not always with me around the time I need to take the medication.  One of the reasons I bought the Versa....  Please advise.

Best Answer

So why would fitbit buy pebble and not use their basic features, like a freeken dependable alarm.  This is really bad for people that have already past 90 days of purchase and can't return.  Glad I sold my Fitbit stock at least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was hoping I was imagining it. Will see if I can get a refund and try a different brand

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes second that! It would be great if phone alarms can be synced and detected by versa's silent alarm too! I had a mi band last time and it synced perfectly,, with long silent alarms and ability to snooze and i relied on it so much to wake up every morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not resolved Fitbit. Please... I missed the gym again this morning, just wheb I don’t set a phone and a watch alarm because it’s been working it stops. I have to book in at my gym, I’m going to get chucked out for not turning up. I’m really upset your refusing to addrsss this. If the watch for some reason looses connection to pulse during the night and resets the eeed for a code, the alarm

doesnt work. IF I have a shower and forget to renter the code, the alarm doesn’t go off. Please firbit. Fit it. 

Best Answer
I believe I have now found the solution to this, and it has been 100% reliable for the last for weeks. (Sorry for the delay in posting, but I wanted to be absolutely sure!)

The problem is caused by the PIN settings applying too widely, and it requiring the PIN for anything other than the watch face.

The solution is to go into the Fitbit app, select your Versa and changing the settings for it (through the app). You must change the bottom setting - Device Lock - to "Enabled for Fitbit Pay".

Your security is still assured as it will still require PIN to make a payment, but not for anything else.

This has completely fixed the problem on my Versa, and I am back to being able to rely on the alarm!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey There,

i have done done the exact same as Rayfl, and my alarm has not skipped a beat in the last month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This "fix" does NOT work. Why is it taking Fitbit so long to come up with a solution that really works, so that a basic app that comes loaded on the device, actually works, and can be counted on to work?  Having an alarm that fails at least once per week, really sucks, and I would have expected more for a device that costs as much as it does, and for a fix after so many months of knowing the app is flawed.

Best Answer

Regarding version 32.32.10.15 being an improvement: I'm using this version and still have the same problem - alarm only works approximately 30% of the time. I've been awake waiting for the alarm to go off, so I'm sure it's not working and not just a case of me sleeping through it.

Best Answer

Recently brought the Versa and the alarm has failed multiple times. Annoying as I work shifts and need a silent alarm so I don't wake up the wife.  Seems an issue that has been going on for some time without an actual software fix.  I would have thought a problem like this would get sorted asap rather than having to get voted for on a forum before fitbit looks at it. Hopefully the new software update fixes this otherwise I will have to return it and look elsewhere.

Best Answer

I am so frustrated with this versa.  One day it works with notifications the next it doesn't.  One minute the alarm works the next it doesnt.  Prior to going to bed last night I did a test alarm. It worked but this morning it didn't go off when I needed it to.  I dont sleep well because I'm afraid that this won't alarm.  Since I get up at 4:45 am I dont want to wake up my husband wth a traditional alarm. I never had these issues with the hr.  I spend good money on this and I rely on the alarm.  Resetting this daily and even hourly isn't a good solution. Fitbit needs to get a reliable product!!

Best Answer

I have searched all over the app and find any of the prompts you have mentioned. ????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@paldrup Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to configure the Alarms on the Versa. The Versa has the ability to set alarms directly from the device itself. You can follow these instructions to set the alarms.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It wasn’t a matter of setting alarms. I know how to do that. It was that the alarm was not working intermittently. Many of us had this problem and various solutions offered, none of which worked. There must have been a software update awhile back to correct this widespread issue as I no longer have this issue. Thank you for getting back to me.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing intermittent alarm failures.  The alarm does go off but 10 minutes late than scheduled.  The odd thing so far has been if I set it for time ending in "7" such as this morning it was set for 4:47am and the alarm went off at 4:57am.  This has also happened when I set it at 5:07am, and it went off at 5:17am.  Setting the alarm at 5:11am (the most common for me) has worked every time though.  Regardless there is a critical bug in an extremely simple feature. The alarm was the biggest selling point for me since it doesn't wakeup the rest of my family with Fitbit alarm. Reading through these messages it is shocking to see this issue has been going for so long, as I only purchased mine a month ago. Fitbit why is it such a struggle to fix a bug in such a simple feature?  And no, your troubleshooting suggestions are not acceptable for the use of an alarm, it should just work like phones have for the past 10+ years. 

Best Answer

Why can't the sleep alarms be set on the Fitbit ap, like with the Charge2 device?

Best Answer
0 Votes