Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa's battery drains fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the FitBit Versa Version 1 should last.  Clearly when it first came out it was supposed to last 4 days.  Now I have my Versa close to 2 years and suddenly the battery is barely lasting a day or so.  I have it tweaked with all the settings for maximum life.  Fast screen shut down etc.  But Yesterday I charged it to 100% and this morning it was at 54%.    I know these things have batteries that last about 4 years but this is not even 2 years.  I started having battery problems after the last update in December.   Is this planned obsolescence?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Cybdiver, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that the battery of your Versa 2 is draining fast. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved.

Please try the tips that are listed in this help article in order to improve the battery life of your watch. This article may contain steps or tips that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest. Finally, monitor the battery's behavior and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the following tips: 

• Go to Settings on your watch and find Screen timeout. Set it to 15-10 sec. 
  • Go to your phone and go into the apps on your Versa. Turn of "Run in background" permission. some apps may break. 
  • Turn of AOD
  • Turn your display brightness to dim or normal. 
  • Uninstall unused applications on your watch
  • Go to Settings on your watch and find Vibrations. Set it to normal. 

^^^ Those are all of my tips, Try This link to see if it helps. 🙂 ^^^

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, all of a sudden. I just charged my Versa 2 last night (9 pm) and it is now at 20% at 2 pm today. I tried all of the suggestions

Best Answer

None of your suggestions worked. I am not happy. My Versa 2 is now yet a year old

Best Answer
Does ur fitbit track sleep?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all those things a long time ago.  Recently I changed the clock face and noticed a drain so I went back to my usual clock face and picked up half a day.  Clearly the clock faces make a difference. 

Which means using a feature causes battery drain.

What a shame all those features and they can't be used because it causes battery drain.   Did they test the watch with all the features off?

Best Answer

I have shut down everything, done the reset, dim lite, Only the heart rate and steps are on and still it will only last for 3 hours

Best Answer