Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa's screen went gray/white

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have owned my fitbit versa for just over a year.  I received it at Christmastime last year.  I have had no problems with it until the battery ran out while wearing it overnight.  After I charged it,there was is a just a gray/white screen.  I have tried the complete reset, but since I can't see anything on the screen I am just counting seconds.

The alarm that I set still goes off and luckily I can turn it off by pressing the bottom right corner of the screen.  This gives me hope that this problem can be fixed as I have only used this just over a year.

Please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I am experiencing the same issue. I charged the device all day so it's not a battery issue and it is syncing but not responding to me when I push any of the buttons. I have tried restarting it and changing the clock face but still have a blank screen. It will vibrate when syncing but that is the only sign of life. I got mine after Black Friday 2018.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@MissBecky, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since the screen went gray/white and won't show anything else. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Please restart your Fitbit Versa as described in this help article. After this, try changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit, not a third party clock face and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue. I charged the device all day so it's not a battery issue and it is syncing but not responding to me when I push any of the buttons. I have tried restarting it and changing the clock face but still have a blank screen. It will vibrate when syncing but that is the only sign of life. I got mine after Black Friday 2018.

Best Answer

Exactly my problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response.

I have tried several times to restart my Fitbit as per the directions you have sent.  I never see the fitbit logo appear, however the gray screen does shortly "light up" and then still nothing again.

I cannot turn it off and turn it back on again because I cannot see the watch face to get to the settings to turn it off and on again.

I have tried setting it to a different watch face approved by fitbit but my phone says that it is "unable to connect to Versa" even when my watch is nearby and powered on.

Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. The Fitbit app was updated 2 days ago and today I see my screen turning white and fades away after some minutes, then white again. Is my watch damaged or not? It is still in warranty.

I want to add that I reset/ restart/refresh/change the watch face clock. Nothing works. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-06 at 09.28.10.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-06 at 09.28.20.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-06 at 09.29.54.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hurry quick to get replacement while under warranty. Mine was just outside of the year mark and they would not replace.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I emailed them and sent a message on Twitter. Unfortunately, due to coronavirus, they said it will be a delay in response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue today with my Versa 2 that I got for Christmas 2019. Was able to restart it til it showed the fitbit logo, but then it got stuck there. Luckily after another reboot it appears to be fine? Will update if it goes wonky again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For all of those who have given up on bringing their versa back to life after trying all the above steps and still have gray screen, before you throw in trash, hold it up above your head and drop on the carpet. Had to do this twice, but it worked! It I was able to reset it and icon appeared again, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can this many people all have the same issue with the white/gray screen and NOBODY at fitbit can figure out why?

Same thing happened with the Blaze I had and for some reason I bought another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa did the same, went to a gray screen, but then black. Tried the back and bottom buttons and even tried all 3 buttons, also left it on charger overnight. Still a black screen. Even contacted Fitbit support but they were no help. My Versa was purchased May 2019. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone find a.solution to the gray/black screen issue?  Mine won't do anything except the faint lighting up to "gray" but it's mostly black.  I occasionally can get a small vibration when holding down buttons,.but nothing more except a.green light on the back occasionally.  Help!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, Fitbit couldn’t help, but they did give me a 35% discount on a Versa 2. I tried everything.

Sharon
Best Answer
0 Votes

have you had an gray screen i have the sane problem have you tried anything nothing works for me do you have an solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah. Open a ticket and ask for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have an nothing has been done I have waited for 1 year now
Best Answer
0 Votes

check out this channel.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsU7xQBeIIs 

You don't really need versa or versa 2, versa 3, inspire 2 is as accurate as the rest of them and much cheaper

I tested the Fitbit Inspire 2 against a scientific EEG device, and tested the heart rate and step counting accuracy. 👇Amazon Affiliate* (paid) links. Supports the channel, doesn't cost you any more!👇 Fitbit Inspire 2: https://geni.us/iZHlb Fitbit Charge 4: https://geni.us/wjAfjU Fitbit Sense: ...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was unable to fix my Fitbit when I had the gray screen problem and I had
to send it for repair. Luckily I had bought the service plan that was
offered when I bought the Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

all fitbit did was give me 50% off next order dont know what to do at this point i might go with an diffrent company or device can i have peoples suggestions please thanks 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes