Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa says Data not cleared Sync and try again

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After following the recommended factory reset instructions for this firmware update, I can no longer get my Versa to show anything other that the above message, Any help would be welcomed

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @agentmothman.

Thanks for trying the recommended factory reset and letting us know what is currently going on with the Fitbit.

Maybe you could try to force a restart, not a factory reset, at this point. That should help in case anything is currently stuck with the Fitbit. Then try to run the set up process as if you had a brand new Versa.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
431 REPLIES 431

Welcome to the Forums @agentmothman.

Thanks for trying the recommended factory reset and letting us know what is currently going on with the Fitbit.

Maybe you could try to force a restart, not a factory reset, at this point. That should help in case anything is currently stuck with the Fitbit. Then try to run the set up process as if you had a brand new Versa.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

This is happening with my Versa as well.  The forced reset did nothing.  I ended up at the same message.  Help!

Best Answer

I've done as you suggested numerous times now, but still nothing happens. The same messages is showing on the Versa board: "Data not cleared. Sync and try again". Well, I would have if the app found the device! 

Started with a Versa that didn't sync and needed to update the software and several hours later I'm stuck with a Versa that doesn't do anything. Anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm guessing I'm not the first nor last to end up with this problem as the software just was updated....

Best Answer

Hi. I have had the same problem for about 5 days now. I have tried to drain the battery on the device by not charging it but that did not work. I have tried a hard reset as well with no luck. Nothing works. This is my second unit from Fitbit back in September. Please help! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @banjaradc and @assarsson. Hello @Clcm87.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

There's one more thing we could try to get the Fitbit to work. Please try to follow the steps listed in this help article:

1. Go into your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for your Versa and other Fitbit devices that could be showing in there as paired devices.
  3. Remove them from that list.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the set up process once again.

Best Answer
Hi!

Did that before I posted my comment in the forum. Still doesn´t work.
Best Answer
Hi! Lanuza,

I have tried this process a couple of times and my Fitbit still has the x
with the circle around it and saying Data not cleared sync and try again.
Any other options?
Best Answer

Same for me. Did all recommended that failed .

Best Answer

I just received my Versa and that is the message that it says right from the get go!!  Very frustrating I agree.  I am looking for guidance as well.

Best Answer

None of the steps above worked at all.

I tried everything and still get the same message.

I'm also receiving the following error: The operation couldn't be completed (com.fitbit.HTTP error 500).

I toggled WiFi off and tried again. Same results.

This all happened over night from an update and no my versa is completely useless.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for trying those steps and letting us know that they didn't work.

In this case, do you have access to any other internet connection that you could try? In addition to that I'd like to ask what device is it that you are using to try and sync your Versa.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the above. More than once still not fixed. Please help

Best Answer

Hello @Suzareynolds.

Thanks for trying all of the steps that have been recommended.

In this case I'd like to ask you to provide more details on the situation. What exactly is happening? When did it start happening? When and how did this start happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning.

My versa shows a red X and "data not cleared. Sync and try again". I
already tried the options (restart cellphone, connect in different
cellphone, in a different wifi, drowned all battery and started over,
uninstall app).

I don't know for sure, but it started when I lost an software update
(because I was working far from wifi and bad internet connection).. when a
new update was launched, my watch went down.
Best Answer

Hello @Edusouza92.

Thanks for trying all of those steps to get your Versa to sync again.

I'd like to ask some questions:

• Does the X go away at some point or is it permanently in there?
  • Does the Fitbit sync at all or not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am having the same issue. My Fitbit was not vibrating for phone calls and texts suddenly so I tried doing a Reset. Now the only thing thay appears on my Versa is this message with a red X. I have tried a hard restart and still get this message every time. Please help.

Best Answer

Hello @IJohnson I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. 

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us. At this moment I would like to ask you to change the clock-face on your Versa to a Fitbit clock-face and sync your watch. If after changing it, you're still seeing the same error message, please reply to us with a picture of it so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I see this marked as solved. I have not seen anyone say what fixed their issues.  This is my first fit bit and I'm thinking to return it for replacement on day 2... Or find an easier device to work with all together.

Initial pairing went well. My versa could not get decent WiFi so I chose to do software update via Bluetooth. It was painfully slow, but I could see progress bar on phone and watch. At some point I tap watch to wake it and see progress and it was back to square 1... Saying that I need to download app on phone to begin initial pairing. I tried to select the connected Versa from the app and get them to sync or reconnect. It only was successful reconnecting 2x out of a dozen attempts. All other times, I had to delete versa from the app and do an initial pairing again. Only once did this go successfully and it resumed the software update from previous session. However, that only got me to 50% on the progress bar then spontaneously back to square 1. I finally found instructions for factory reset, a trick that only worked once out of many attempts. When it did work, it got me here... Red circle & "X" and message saying Data not cleared sync & try again.

I have tried all suggestions above, none worked. Anything I do on the phone has no effect on the watch at this point. I can't get the factory reset (3 button magic trick) to work either. 

Best Answer

I can assure you that none of the suggestions within this thread fixed the problem.

I called into FitBit and explained the situation. They replaced my Versa with a new one no questions asked. 

This error occurred only after 3 months of ownership. It’s very frustrating that something like this can happen and all the suggested fixes do not work. 

Best Answer