Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa says Data not cleared Sync and try again

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After following the recommended factory reset instructions for this firmware update, I can no longer get my Versa to show anything other that the above message, Any help would be welcomed

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
431 REPLIES 431
Factory reset is the main issue, the only thing is to keep trying, believe
me it took me at least 6 goes to get past the big red X the only thing I
found was to delete the cache data on the app on my phone before uninstall
the app, make sure your watch is on charge and linked to the phone before
trying any of the above.
Best Answer

Thank you. 

I spent over an hr with customer service on chat and finally got it to work. 

I still have unresolved notification issues . But that's another story 😅

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did taht already will keep trying. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has been fine up until Sunday when phone updated and not working now
tried full set and it worked for a while then stopped again ....
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issues. Nothing has worked. App does not communicate with phone.

Been 2 weeks now.

Teresa

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all day to figure out how to clear that huge X on my Versa and get it to work. No matter how or what I tried, I couldn't get rid of that X or my watch to work. I tried installing and uninstalling the app a number of times to no avail. After reading a bunch of articles and help on the web, I found that if you remove the device from you fitbit app on your phone or pc, delete it or unpair it.  Then force stop the Fitbit app, restart your phone then turn the app back on. It should work at this point. It worked for me, maybe it was just luck? Good luck to you all who has this same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have to WiFi in the app to do the update on your computer?

Best Answer
Have reported it to fit bit very disappointed with the versa 2 had mine
less than a year and had nothing but issues with it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure about that but I'm assuming it would be much faster for you to update with WiFi.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the same message as well. I tried to install and uninstall, factory
reset at least 10 times. Finally I was able to get the X to clear and start
over. I did this all on my phone since the watch was useless at the time,
besides turning it on and off. Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi everyone! 

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences with your Versa smartwatches. I wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard and your feedback has been forwarded to our team. 

If you're still running into "Data not cleared Sync and try again" error message on your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed here before checking with our team:

If you have any questions or inquiries related to your warranty you can check this page. At this time, we'll be closing this thread as it has became off topic. If you've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and you still need assistance, please open a new thread on the Versa smartwatches board and provide as many details related to the issue in your post so we could create a case on your behalf. Our support team will be glad to further assist you as soon as possible.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes