Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa says Data not cleared Sync and try again

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After following the recommended factory reset instructions for this firmware update, I can no longer get my Versa to show anything other that the above message, Any help would be welcomed

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
431 REPLIES 431

I called customer support. They are walking me through some suggestions now. It looks like I am making progress... The watch is now downloading it's software from WiFi.

It may be that our circumstances are different so they working with me before replacing the device... But this was a brand new Versa. It never finished the initial software download. I'm beginning to think the problem was that my phone (Android) screwed up the versa when it goes to power save mode. It sometimes cuts apps that are consuming battery when on standby. It may have screwed up the Fitbit app's ability to talk to the Versa watch.

I'll give a full update for the thread when I'm done here. 

Best Answer

I just fixed this issue that I had with a replacement Versa they sent me. Got the same message. I went into my WiFi settings and selected Forget This Device. Then just restarted the set up process through my app. It recognized my Versa right away and sent a code. 

Hope this helps

Best Answer

My Versa is doing the same thing and after days of trying it still is unusable. Please advise.

Best Answer

Hello @troutseeker.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you are experiencing this same issue.

I could see that you got in touch with our support team that they have been helping you with this situation. I am sure that they will help you get it all working so that you can get back on track.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users in there. Maybe something will pique your interest.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I gave up on all this back and forth, called Fitbit support and they
fixed the problem. I would encourage all the people who have not been able
to resolve the red circle with the X to call Fitbit support.

Mike
Best Answer

I have the same issue. Stopped working when I was away and battery charge ran out.

Have the red x with data not cleared  sync & try again.  Have been trying for days to sort. Followed all advice on here with no joy.

How do i contact the support team

Also on here it does not seem to have instructions for Versa Lite which seems impossible to turn off

Best Answer
+1-877-623-4997
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a UK number 

Best Answer
I do not know if there is. Sorry.

I must admit after trying for days the support person fixed it 4 minutes.

Mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a UK number

Best Answer

Hello @troutseeker. Welcome to the Forums @27AS.

@troutseeker Thanks for sharing your experience with our support team.

@27AS You can click here to get more details on all of the channels you can use to contact our support team. Having said that, I have reached out to them so that they can get in touch with you via email. Please keep an eye on your email's inbox, spam and trash folders. They will be more than happy to help you out.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, my Fitbit Versa stopped working while I was standing in a line yesterday. I had my phone in my hand and I was texting. I could feel the vibration on my phone but not on my watch, so I looked down and it was black. When I had the time I tried to do a reset as recommended. That did not work. I tried to do a factory reset as recommended. Now it is stuck on “data not cleared sync and try again” nothing that I have done works. It just keeps flashing the same message. 

Best Answer

i just bought my Versa lite and it will not show me anything on my screen except that " Reset Failed....your data was not cleared. please try again". I do not know what to do.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I can't do anything with the watch. I reset it because it wouldn't sync. Now it won't come on other than the X data not cleared. Sync and try again..

Best Answer

Same here, X and data not cleared, sync and try again. Well, if it would Sync I wouldn't have tried the reset that led to this. Only 2 months old - super frustrated!!!! Obviously this is a huge issue - why won't Fitbit do anything??? Note that my old  Garmin still connects just fine - so it isn't an issue with my phone.

Best Answer
Hi
So i had the same problem.
You need to uninstall the fit bit app. Unpair your phone and the most
important part is to ensure your fitbit is removed from the bluetooth
memory, so that you have to pair by putting in a number.
Once you have done that. Plug your fitbit into it's charger. Have your
phone close by.
Install the app, now switch on bluetooth and pair your Fitbit.
Fingers crossed it works.
If it doesn't work repeat and try pairing the Fitbit prior to installing
the app.
Worked for me. Took me over a month as i did not remove the Fitbit from the
phone memory so could not get it to work.
Good luck
Best Answer

Hi there, just got my versa lite yesterday. Everything was working ok. Put a different screen saver on. Keeps giving me a code. Shut down and it works. Then lost my sleep app. Followed what was said here. Now it’s stating Data not cleared sync again. I’m unable to do this. Won’t even let me shut down and try again. It comes back on with the same message. WTH. Never had this trouble with the blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a replacement one and showed up with this issue..  Why is this even a thing. Really?... 

Best Answer

I have the viral light. This no data cleared error started last night for me Friday the 13th full moon. Lol my luck. First I cod not swiped down to see my daily activity. So I thought I would restart. Turned it off by holding down the button for 10 sec. And when I tryed to turn back on. Got this error. I've unpaired restarted phone. And now can not even pair not device found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got error saying 

Unable to connect to Versa light. Please make sure your device is powered on and nearby then please try again

Best Answer