Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa says Data not cleared Sync and try again

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After following the recommended factory reset instructions for this firmware update, I can no longer get my Versa to show anything other that the above message, Any help would be welcomed

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
431 REPLIES 431
I wasted my money
Best Answer

The red X doors not go away

Best Answer
0 Votes

i shut my device off. Then I deleted the device off my Fitbit app then deleted the app. I then reinstalled the Fitbit app, scanned the Fitbit Versa lite. So far it's working. Hope this helps you guys.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally reset factory my fit bit versa 2 and the message on my watch is data not cleared sync try again. I don't know what to do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer support and all they did was try to get me to do a hard restart, which has not worked, and I tried many times.  Since that didn't work and I still have the same red X and the message that Data not Cleared Sync and try again, they offered me some discounts towards the purchase of another one.  Why would I purchase another Versa knowing that I am not going to have any resolve from them with any other issues.  My Versa is not quite 2 years old and once the most recent update came out about a week or so ago, my Versa would not hold a charge.  So frustrated because it worked great before that. 

Best Answer
Go into your app on your phone and try to add a device. Its will take a long time. Make sure both your phone and the watch are charged up first.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. It's like it's just "stuck" on the Fitbit screen and won't turn completely on. 

Momma Bear
Best Answer
0 Votes

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING that Fitbit versa will not sync and now does not even recognize my phone. I tried updating and am in a cycle of doing the same thing over and over (for hours) with nothing resolved. I hate this watch now! None of the troubleshooting ideas work.

Best Answer

Ugh, this was a gift from my daughter. Same thing happened with mine. I've had this Versa maybe 2 weeks. My daughter's both have a versa and neither of them are having this problem  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called and they helped me out
Best Answer
0 Votes
who did you call? I can't find any support information????
Best Answer
In the Fitbit page at the bottom or somewhere around your able to chat with
them and Call them tell them what’s going on they should be able to help
you fix it. Mine was fix
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

This app does not work

Mike 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally found a solution that worked!

1. When the red X comes up, put your versa in the charging dock

2. Install the fitbit app for Windows/Mac on your computer

3. Log in with your account and make sure your versa has been removed

4. Plug your charging dock into your computer

5. Click on your profile and set up a new device

You have to go through the process of setting it up again which can take half an hour, but it finally fixed the problem I've been having for months. 

Best Answer

It didn't work for mine! Now what do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the tweet function and got help (the chat was not working when I tried). I now can use my fitbit, but keep getting notifications to upgrade and I won't do it until I know this won't happen again...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Waste of time. Sad but true.

Mike
Best Answer

I literally tried everything discussed in this thread. In addition, I waited out about 5-6 hours for the update to complete. Still it shows the same thing "Data not cleared. Sync and try again". Funny thing is I never tried factory resetting or updating my device, I WOKE UP TO THIS.

Best Answer

This is crazy isn't it ? no one seems to care.

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent a direct message on twitter Twitter and also sent an email to fitbit support. They seem to be responding and I believe they'll come up with a solution. I'll keep things updated.

Best Answer