Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa says device is full but no songs are loaded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have followed the instructions to load music from my own library. I have also read the troubleshooting information and watched YouTube videos but I cannot work out why I am A) not seeing all my playlists appear and B) when I try to load music it behaves as if it is starting to sync and then within a minute or so I get a message on the laptop that says the device is full and cannot load anymore music at this time. Well, none has been loaded!!

I have a Charge 2 that I have been very happy with. I bought this Versa solely because it had the capability to load music. I also bought blue tooth headphones in order to be able to listen to my music but alas it is not to be. Please help by fixing this. If this cannot be fixed I want to return the Versa. I will buy an Apply watch and do so in the knowledge that I will not encounter this issue. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@conorang It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Make sure your Versa is fully charged as you will need to use wifi for the transfer. Delete the music app on your Versa then restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

After this reinstall the music app and retry the music transfer. I would like to add that another member said that she could load 10 songs long playlist after going through the same issue so this may be something you could try.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks I will try this. Are you suggesting however that being able to load only ten songs is acceptable?

I am loading songs now. Thus far it has taken 7 hours and the bar suggests I am less than half way there! The playlist did not show all my playlists and it seems to allow loading only in alphabetical order. I would have liked to have chosen which playlist I wanted the songs to load from and then which songs but I have been able to choose neither.

My laptop is so hot that I am afraid to leave the house and let it run through as that feels risky and dangerous. I do not want to stop the process for fear of the load aborting and losing the seven hours it has taken to get this far. 

Not a satisfied customer unfortunately. Is this the best help forum to use or should I use another? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@conorang wrote:

B) when I try to load music it behaves as if it is starting to sync and then within a minute or so I get a message on the laptop that says the device is full...

I ran into this exact same issue last night, and then discovered that the actual problem was that I had too many songs on the iTunes Playlist I was trying to transfer to Versa. When I cut the playlist down to a little less than 300 songs...problem solved. This may be a really good example of Fitbit's unhelpful user interface dialogs.

@conorang wrote:

...Thus far it has taken 7 hours and the bar suggests I am less than half way there!...

Here's another nuance I've encountered during the PC based music transfer process: on the Windows 10 Fitbit app...that shows the Playlist search results on the left...near the top of the found Playlist, do you see a whirling little icon, indicating that the Playlist search is not yet complete? I think there's a little bug in the app's design, that causes Playlist search to never stop on its own. You can manually stop the search by tapping that little spinning icon, so the download process of whatever playlist you've selected can proceed unimpeded.

As a point of reference, using a Windows 10 laptop with a i7 Intel processor, 16GB of memory and a max-bars Wi-Fi connection (6 feet from the router), it took about 2 hours to download a 283 song Playlist onto my Versa.

Best Answer

@conorang wrote:

...Thus far it has taken 7 hours and the bar suggests I am less than half way there!...

Here's another nuance I've encountered during the PC based music transfer process: on the Windows 10 Fitbit app...that shows the Playlist search results on the left...near the top of the displayed Playlist, do you see a whirling little icon, indicating that the Playlist search is not yet complete? I think there's a little bug in the app's design, that causes Playlist search to never stop on its own. You can manually stop the search by tapping that little spinning icon, so the download process of whatever playlist you've selected can proceed unimpeded.

As a point of reference, using a Windows 10 laptop with a i7 Intel processor, 16GB of memory and a max-bars Wi-Fi connection (6 feet from the router), it took about 2 hours to download a 283 song Playlist onto my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this problem with syncing music to my versa it was saying device storage when It was brand new and never had music on it!

This is how I sorted it - connect device to wifi (my network is standard 5g and didn't both messing with settings to get it 2.4g as other threads have suggested.

Next - my initial playlist I had created of 280 I deleted down to 200 songs, then reconnected to the fitbit app on Macbook and the play list syncs... so bit of false advertising with 300 songs... maybe 300 songs that are 3 mins long! I got alot of dance/gym/trance type work out music that are generally bigger files...

So in general make a smaller play list and go from there adding extra once initial songs are added.

Very confusing figuring this out and a pain in there are, you'd hope it gets an easier interface in the future for the less tech savy people like my self out there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So there are instructions on how to transfer the music. But you just say delete the music app. How do I go about deleting the music app? One shouldn't have to google how to do the first stage of your fitbit fix just to get to the second part where you break it down for us. A lack of attention to detail like this really gets me frustrated. I mean do people just know how to delete apps on their Versa? Because I don't and I shouldn't have to solve the Da Vinci code my way through putting music on my watch. Like first I google how to get music on there. That doesn't work. Then I have to google the issue I'm having to fix what should have been straight forward. Then I have to google the steps to the first, kinda crucial part, of how to fix my issue. This watch is a ridiculous. It tells me in my app I have a message and I look and its a message I've seen and I can't get it to clear....for months now. The last time I tried to update the thing I had try it like a dozen times which each attempt takes forever. So would usually try while I was sleeping I would wake up and it wouldn't have worked and it would tell me I needed to update my Versa. I eventually gave up on updating the dang thing because it was just a frustrating cluster of events each time. The screen would display the fitbit logo and the blue color would slowly fill up the screen and hours later it hadn't worked. So I guess I'm not surprised that something that should be as straight forward as transferring music ends up being a freaking expedition into frustration. I regret buying this thing when it comes to this BS stuff. Like I never had these issues with my Apple Watch. But the battery life on the versa is what made me switch. Unfortunately the battery life is pretty much the only thing that this watch/brand does right.

Best Answer