Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa says "Unlock with your phone"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The issue is that my Fitbit Versa is locked and needs a pin change via my Samsung S9 (which I have tried doing many times) but fails to change the pin.

So this means I cannot get to the setup menu of the fitbit. I tried pressing the 3 buttons together until the logo disappears and release the bottom right button. Still doesnt work.

I have even removed watch from the fitbit app in hope to reconnect, but that also doesnt work.

It keeps telling me to unlock the watch on my phone. It will not allow me to do a factory reset in the watch. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I did NOT accept that previous reply was a solution !

It is not fixed. It automatically ticked the box saying problem is solved.

I was told to go to phone setting when I had already stated phone it unpaired now and still we can't unlock this stupid watch!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Lizfiz it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it asks you to unlock it with your phone.

In order to fix this issue, please follow the steps that shared my friend Ricardo in his post.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

Thanks for guiding me to a tip to unlock the Versa.

My son has been using this watch, therefore no Pay was set up on it at all.

Also because holding down the three buttons, or the left and top right button did nothing, we did unpair the phone and watch, in hope that we could reconnect to the phone again, as nothing was working on the phone to unlock the watch. The phone can find the watch, but get a message to add four pin code, but of course we can't do that as the watch says "unlock from your phone". So we couldn't unlock the watch via the phone and we cant pair it to the phone or another phone as we cant enter the pin to pair it, due to being locked!

The watch is not doing the hard reset at all. I even let the watch drain completely of battery and tried to do a hard reset with a little of charge, but it doesn't vibrate after going from three buttons to two buttons after logo disappeared.

Now what do we do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did NOT accept that previous reply was a solution !

It is not fixed. It automatically ticked the box saying problem is solved.

I was told to go to phone setting when I had already stated phone it unpaired now and still we can't unlock this stupid watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes