Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, for all of you who are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome! 

I see where your frustration is coming from. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with your Versa's screen. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed and we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

If this has happened to you, the best is to get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to offer the available option to you. Note that the options provided are based in the Fitbit Warranty

This thread will be closed, however, if needed you can create a new thread or get in touch with our Support team

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

Hello @DDJ73 and welcome to the Help forums.  If your Versa was bought from an authorized retailer, then it is still under warranty.  Please contact Support for more help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank u so much, currently chatting with customer service,  fingers crossed:)

Best Answer

@DDJ73 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding the screen issue that your Fitbit Versa is experiencing, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they contacted you via email recently. Was a solution provided?

Thank you for your help my friend!

See you later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hello, yes!, they will be replacing my Fitbit. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DDJ73 That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen did the same thing overnight, woke w the face hanging on by a piece of film - have slept in my watch for its short 16 month life- Fitbit wouldn’t do anything - appalling for a known issue!

Best Answer

@Uknessa thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the screen issues you had with your Versa. I'm also sorry to hear your watch is no longer under warranty. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa screen fell off just after I had charged it.  I was on Live chat and because the warranty expired in May all they could offer me a 25% discount on their store products.  I paid $200 for this.  There should be an easy repair.  Any ideas

Best Answer
Yes buy something else! That’s what I did! No more Fitbit products for me

Sent from V’s IPhone
Best Answer

This just happened to me, and I'm out of warranty.  Not going to buy another 200 dollar tracker that only lasts a year and a half.

Best Answer

This happened to me two days ago. 18 month old $200 product, not acceptable. Will not be purchasing another fitbit product. 

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me !   What did you do ?

Best Answer
I glued it back down. But basically all I have now is a watch and step counter. Can’t use anything else (alarms etc). Fitbit was totally unconcerned with this common problem. I’ve had 5 total and will never buy another.
Hope this helps.
My best, Anthea
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I just finished chat w/Joel from Fitbit and was add that my warranty is not in effect. I recd this Fitbit Dec 2018 as Christmas gift and now it is worthless. Over $200 item lasted just over 13 months. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Best Answer

Same thing here...eerily at the same time 15 months after purchase...so out of warranty and out of luck 😑

Best Answer
I did glue mine back on very carefully and so far so good. Disappointed in Versa that they didn’t do more!

Cathy
Best Answer
Great news. I glued mine but didn’t have all the functionality

My best, Anthea
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

What kind of glue did you use and where did you apply it? Mine too is out of warranty and I couldn’t be more upset with this. It definitely makes me rethink purchasing another if it’s not covered so “soon” (a year and a half) after purchase. And I baby mine!! I don’t shower with it or any water contact at all!.

You’ll see my post below regarding what glue you used and where you applied it! Looks like I’ll be attempting the same 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Ber7 - How did the repair go? I just bought my fitbit versa2 2 months ago. Seeing this and several of the other posts on here has me greatly concerned....

The screen on mine is still intact, however mine seems to freeze up all the time, causing inability to use and inaccurate tracking results. So far, nothing positive about this, now I'm finding out that in another 13 months my screen might fall off.... Ugh, maybe I should switch now....

Best Answer