Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

A couple of days ago the screen on my Versa just came loose, it is just dangling?? What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too... yesterday. How did you all deal with repeairs?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up buying a Versa2 along with a screen protector.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine back to pc world as I have the anything can happen three year warrants so walked out with a new one within a couple of minutes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is what happened to my 1st versa.  My screen popped off.  Wasn’t doing anything.  Now Nothing is recording on my replaced versa except steps. This was my replacement for the other after I paid extra money.  Had this 6 months and now just told by customer service it’s broken but I’m out of warranty.  I now have 4 of these—2 Ionics and 2 Versas.  ALL broken garbage. SHAME ON YOU FITBIT!

Best Answer

Very Smart cause they don't last more than 2 years.

Best Answer

Just wanted to say that this is still happening. I bought a new Versa lite after my Alta decided to act crazy and wouldn't power off so the batter would drain every day. Of course, I was.out of warranty but I took a chance and used a coupon from Fitbit and bought it. 6 months later  the screen popped off! They sent a replacement. That was so nice! But  4 months later- no showering or getting it wet at all- the screen has once again popped off. What do they offer??? Another replacement of a Versa lite.  These things are obviously defective. Fitbit needs to just be transparent about it and offer the people who paid their money for these pieces of crap something worthwhile. 

Best Answer

Thanks; I go/t a new Versa with a 3-year warranty from Square Trade.

It appears there is no "repair" for this issue.  I purchased a new Versa 2 and also a 3-year warranty from Squaretrade so I would be set for at least 3 years.

Me too; along with a 3-year warranty from Squaretrade.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Missmarquisha  It's not just the Versa lite, it's happening to all the Versa watches.  They are supposed to be made to go in the water since they have a swimming lap feature for exercise.  They are just very poorly designed.

Best Answer
Well Fitbit does not respond so this being my second device to fail along
with my husbands being the third I am looking into Garmin. Fitbit is a
major disappointment. They will never get my money and I have been diligent
about sharing this with my friends. I also have heard so many similar
stories from friends and family that I realize Fitbit is not a company that
supports it’s products or it’s customers.
Best Answer

I bought a case screen for my versa to keep the face in place . It is working so far and I contacted a phone screen repair place to see if they can glue it back !!But this case is working great however you do have to remove it to charge . I removed the case and the screen didn’t move when I put it on the charger . Hope it helps

------------------------

I am going to keep using my versa 2 I love it. I am not in a position to buy a new one . My husband’s company gives away fitness tracker watches so I will wait for that !! My versa 2 is over two years old !!

Best Answer

My ~24 month old Versa's face fell off while I was laying in bed, just about to fall asleep.

Knowing it was out of warranty, I opted to see if rubber cement could serve as a decent adhesive/sealant replacement. Just a very thin layer around the edges of the screen and the edges of the body, then pressing them together. Once it dried I rubbed off the little excess. So far so good; the screen no longer pops off and everything looks/works fine. In theory, this should also be water resistant, but I won't be wearing it in places where it'll be submerged or doused in water, just in case.

Pretty sad that this is so common, it's almost as if fitbit knew their adhesive wouldn't last so they set a low warranty on it.

Best Answer
thank you for your response.  I was definitely going to explore the glue route, but my display was not initally blank when the screen fell off, but as I continued to reapply the screen to the watch face, the screen went blank.
Best Answer

This happened to me today, gently shook my arm and my Versa 2 watch face fell off (hanging by a thin internal film). This was purchased in January 2020, it barely made it 10 months. The watch face looks like it fell clean off.... Extremely disappointed. Since it has been less than a year, it is covered by warranty. I was offered a like for like replacement or a 50% discount off a new watch (only a versa 2) and there would be a new warranty. I was shocked that I couldn't apply a 50% discount to another device (such as the Versa 3) and pay the difference. There seems to be a known issue with the Versa's and Fitbit is ignoring it. 

I am switching over to a new watch company and will give the replacement to a family member. 

Best Answer

This just happened to me too, face flopped over.  It's only 19 months old.  My wife's Versa bit the dust back in February after just 14 months.  25% discount is an insult.  With this kind of support, I would not put any more money into a product that I have to replace every 18-20 months. If they offer a discount again, I will not put more money into fitbit and will look at alternatives.

Best Answer
Can the Fitbit Community galvanize to ask Fitbit for more accountability?  It's obvious this is a known and common issue.
Best Answer

Well I got an offer for 35% off any new crappy device at fitbit.com.  Think I'll be heading over and looking at Samsung devices. I also got an early offer for the new Amazon Halo.  No watch face but much of the same functionality of other devices at a fraction of the price.

Best Answer
Thanks for the continued updates.  I purchased a new watch and I'm sorry I was so intransigent with regard to looking at other alternatives (especially Amazon because their products tend to be fairly good and their prices are more than competitive.  Fitbit may not be my next watch.
Best Answer

Yes, it has happened to me twice. I had the 1st watch replaced before my first-year warranty was up. Now, I've had the new device for 5 months and it has fallen off. I'm very disappointed and won't buy a Versa 2 again, especially since it is supposed to be water-resistant. I give up.

---------------------------

My screen did the same. It went blank after I kept trying to reapply the screen to the base.

Best Answer

The drama continues with Fitbit. They sent me a replacement refurbished unit that had a deep scratch from one side of the watch face to the other. Now I have to mail the versa 2 back before they will send me another. Completely understandable to send it back to avoid theft, but it is just a giant pain. Also, is there no quality assurance? How can you send a scratched up unit to a customer? 

Ugh, Fitbit is the worst! 

Best Answer