Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

I just had the same thing happen to me...... so disappointing.

--------------------------

I was thinking of replacing my versa 2 with another Fitbit after the face popped off..... I love the group challenges offered with it but I think I’ll cut my losses. This is my 3rd or 4th one ( not the same style). Not worth the headache 🤕 or money.

Best Answer
why can't we get together and tell Fitbit we need them to step up their game.  or do we just vote with our feet and leave?
Best Answer

Versa; A couple months past warranty and screen fell off while I slept. Always took good care of it, never even took it in the shower. Fitbit won’t replace or fix it. Just a discount code to buy another defective glue product. Why would I buy another Fitbit?

Best Answer

This happened to mine as well.

I applied with E8000 clear glue and everything still works as normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks !!!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa 2 screen fell off last night while I was sleeping. I did not drop or hit or damage it in anyway. I woke up to the screen hanging off and it is less than a year old. Is there anything that can be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to get a free one under the 1 year Fitbit warranty. You need to contact Fitbit

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s past the warranty !!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought mine 19 Sept 2019. Wearing it day and night, yet not doing any sports with it (other than walking and riding my bike) and not letting it get wet other than from the odd rain shower. This morning I woke up, however, with the screen hanging of by a small film-type thing. Not responding to anything. Sending it back to the retailer I bought it from but they/fitbit had better replace it completely. 229 euros for a watch that lasts merely past 12 months!? Ridiculous really, especially seeing the number of people who’ve had the same happen to them from this one forum thread.

Best Answer
I am sorry !! I babied mine too !! However I got almost 2 years ! So they won’t refund my 249 bucks so I am taking it to a phone guy to reflux it for me !

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is you are NOT improving!  Not with your product or your customers.  Time to move on.

Best Answer

This just happened to my wifes fitbit anyone have a idea how to fit the screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, unless something new has happened since August 2020, there is no fix.  My old Ftbit was purchased 8/9/19 and my second one due to screen issue was purchased 8/20/20. Fitbit offered a discount (I forget if it was 10 or 15 percent) on the purchase of a new Fitbit.  Fitbit is aware of this issue and I'm hoping it's address by Fitbit (especially since Fitbit was recently acquired by Google, I expect great things).  I did purchase a new Fitbit as well as a Square Trade Protection Plan for 3 years so I feel comfortable I won't have to be compelled to purchase another Fitbit in the next 3 years.  Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
If it's under the manufacturer's warranty they will replace it or give you
store credit for a new one. I've read that some people have used gorilla
glue to seal the screen back, back they had to be super careful not to get
the glue on the components. Hopefully it's under warranty. I now use a
screen protector to make sure this doesnt happen again.

Mo
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine came within the warranty and had not been caused by damage so they send a new one. But I did research and found

https://youtu.be/LAFx49ONaXU

Yea they were great and sent me a new one after I showed and explained what happened

-Rose

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine to a ubreak I fix store and they glued it back down but I forgot I had it on I took a shower and it died !! Good luck

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the excellent idea!  It has been working out well for me so far.  Here is something that may be useful for others using this idea.  Although I remove it while showering, after I wash my hands I sometimes find I cannot switch screens.  After close inspection there is a thin film of water pushed to either side trapped between the case and the watch.  I do have to remove the case and wipe both surfaces clean with a microfiber cloth.  After that everything works fine.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! This just happened to me as well. I have had numerous issues with this watch and it’s frustrating bc I really love wearing it.

I also had my face of watch fall off. I also babied it and never had it in water ever. I’ve had many issues w this watch and have had it replaced twice before this new issue. It’s frustrating bc I absolutely love wearing this and feel naked w out it 

Thank u for writing all this bc I literally went thru all the same things and had the same exact response which gave me the same feelings u had!

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I jinxed myself. I lost my screen protector and while working
yesterday I looked at my Fitbit and the there it was the screen just
dangling in my face. 😳😔😤😭... so hopefully when I co tact them it will
dangle again because you have to take a pic with a code that they send you
on the day. I purchased an extended warranty so I am lucky in that
department.
Best Answer

Yup I just spoke to customer service and my warranty is 5 months past due and this is now the THIRD watch I’ve had to replace due to Fitbit’s issues. I’m NOT HAPPY about this and I will never recommend Fitbit to anyone

Best Answer