Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen going white around the edges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all just wanted some advice. My Fitbit versa I had it only a year has started going white around the perimeter of the screen. I noticed it’s been like this a week now. The amount of money this cost it shouldn’t be doing this after only a year of use. Thanks 

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@Trish81x I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding the white parts that your Versa has developed, please provide a picture of your watch showing the white parts. This will help me to proceed accordingly.

Please check out this post which explains how to add images to your posts.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the reply hope these pictures are ok. It’s around the edge of
the screen. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trish81x thank you for getting back! I'm afraid to say that the pictures don't appear in your post. Please re-send your post including the pictures and I'll be happy to follow up.

Thank you in advance for your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi here are the pictures again. Just to say I’ve restarted the Fitbit and
changed the watch face as recommended by someone.

Sorry just tried again to upload the pics hope this works 401D52A2-CF4C-45A4-9A04-C9EC75604E72.jpeg

1AE9941E-8473-4C11-8D4C-E149DF24D31F.jpeg

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trish81x I'm sorry for the late response. However, I appreciate your time in order to provide the pictures and the troubleshooting steps you followed.

I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful for this type of issues. Please try a factory reset. To do so on your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset or Clear User Data. After this, check out if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine about the same amount of time and my screen is also doing the same thing. Mine are tinted pink/brown though, not just white.

Best Answer

@CWallace136 I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

Regarding the screen issues that your Versa is experiencing, please restart your Versa as described in this help article. After this, try changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,
I had the exact same problem with my original Versa. From my experience, it is a faulty screen and nothing you can do will fix it.
It will get worse Smiley Sad and my advice is to get on to customer support right away - if still in warranty it will be replaced.
Sorry I don't have any good new for you!

Best Answer

Hi guys thanks for all the replies and tips to try I’ve done all the tips and none of them worked. I did get in touch with customer service and they did replace my versa watch face and the issue is resolved I’m just concerned now that as they’ve said my new one only carries the remainder of the warranty of my old versa or 30 days which ever is more that if this happens again they won’t help me. When you pay nearly £200 for a watch you want it to last longer than a year 

Best Answer

This is the third Fitbit that I have owned and it has only been two years.  I have had issues with all of my fitbits, which makes me wonder why I keep purchasing.  My screen is turn a yellow hue around the top base, which is strange because it has never been in water. 

Best Answer

Discolored screenDiscolored screen

My fitbit has a yellow hue at the top of the screen. Could you tell me what's causing this discoloration in my screen.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine I’m pretty sure ended up being Water damage somehow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has orange lines on side and I did everything CS asked ( new click face, reset, apply the update) but it didn’t fix it. Since it has been 1.5 years, the warranty has expired and they offered me 25% off on my next purchase within 30 days. However. I chose not to but a FitBit this time since the Company only stands behind its product for one year. What is the point of spending so much money for only one year?  There are other options out there now.

My Versa has orange lines on side and I did everything CS asked ( new click face, reset, apply the update) but it didn’t fix it. Since it has been 1.5 years, the warranty has expired and they offered me 25% off on my next purchase within 30 days. However. I chose not to but a FitBit this time since the Company only stands behind its product for one year. What is the point of spending so much money for only one year?

Best Answer

Versas are supposed to be water resistant up to 50m, as in, you can swim with them... so water shouldn't damage them like that.

Best Answer

@NCAdventurer My Versa lite has just started to do this. Did you find a solution or was the screen damaged?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I have not, but it appears to be only along the edges f my Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I woke up this morning to one thick white line going down the left hand side of my screen on my versa 2 ..  I only have it done July.... it hasn't been banged/damaged. Watch is working perfectly just this big white line really annoying... what should I do?

This is a picture of what I've woke up to... 

Best Answer

There really is no solution except for calling customer support if you still have a warranty on it and hope they'll replace it. If not, there is no solution. I ended up just buying a Galaxy watch instead for the same price that I paid for my Versa and has a way longer warranty and they stand behind their products when they break.

Best Answer

My versa lite has white streaks, what’s causing it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes